16 | you betcha

YOU BETCHA also known as : chapter nine - the gatepart two

YOU BETCHA
also known as : chapter nine - the gate
part two

Silver groaned as the car halted to a sudden stop, her body lurching forwards as her head but with someone else's, wincing at the sudden pain. She opened her eyelids, trying to focus her blurry gaze as she leans her hands on the car's front seats, hearing muffled conversations around her, her mind very confused at where she was and what was going on. She heard a door open as someone leaned a hand on her shoulder, making her look up at Steve's messed up face, a worried glaze over his eyes. She quickly scanned her face horrified at the amount of blood, bruises and cuts on his face. He saw her anxious look and smiled softly, shaking his head. "What the hell is going on?" she muttered, as the back of the car opened up.

Steve helped her get out of the car as she stumbled on her own feet, leaning on him as she looked around. Darkness engulfed the group, as the light of the moon softly shone on the car, scarcely audible crickets were heard. She widened her eyes as she realised the kids were putting on googles and getting cans of gasoline, frowning lightly. "Hey." she tried to catch the kids attention, but they continued getting ready. "Get back in the car."

"What are you, deaf? She said to get back in the car!" exclaimed Steve as he tried walking, failing miserably and feeling the need to lean on Silver, who couldn't handle the weight and buckled, falling into the car door and wincing as her body slammed against the metal. "We are not going in some hole!" Silver visibly paled as she gulped. "Hole? Are you guys serious? Do you know how unsafe that is?"

Dustin sighed and stopped what he was doing, actually getting annoyed at his older sister and her friend-of-sorts. "But not as dangerous as fighting a demo-dog with your bare hands." he replied sarcastically as Silver raised her eyebrows, waggling a finger at him. "Hey! Don't you use that sarcastic tone on me, young man!" Steve smiled amused at Silver's motherly tone before butting in. "We're in charge here and you'll listen to what we have to say."

Max, who was standing behind Dustin ignoring the conversation, slammed the back of the car shut as she left a hand on her waist. "As much as it's entertaining to watch you two play a mother-father duo, we need to get moving." not awaiting their answer, she moved towards Mike and helped him with a rope. "Yeah, moving your butts back in the car!" Silver shouted behind her, sighing irritatedly when the redhead continued to ignore her.

"Look a member of our party requires assistance. You're in charge of us, so keep us safe." Dustin said, handing out Silver's bag and Steve's bat. Steve looked at Silver with a look that considered Dustin's speech, as Silver raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms across her chest and ignoring the sharp pain that that movement caused her shoulder wound. "So-"

"Not a chance. There's no way I'm going down that hole."

"But-"

"No way in hell."