18 | hard about my sister

HARD ABOUT MY SISTERalso known as: chapter two - the mall rats

also known as: chapter two - the mall rats

Silver dug into her free ice cream which she shared with Steve as Dustin described his girlfriend. Steve popped one of the cherries in her mouth, raising an eyebrow incredulously. "Hotter than Phoebe Cates? I don't believe it." Silver chuckled, nodding her head. "That's what I said." she muttered, flicking a bit of ice cream at her younger brother, who nodded a bit too enthusiastically. "Brilliant too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are coming in. She even said kissing is better without teeth."

Steve tried is best not to laugh as Silver pulled a disgusted look on her face, pushing the ice cream away. "Way to kill my appetite, dude. Make sure I'm not eating when you talk about your romantic endeavours." Dustin ignored his sister's comment, digging into Silver's leftovers. "So you really get to eat as much ice cream as you want?" Steve nodded, still in shock about Dustin's supposed girlfriend. "Yeah, but you know, I can't, need to keep fit for the ladies." Steve glanced at Silver, who stared at the table with a frown on her face.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin butted in, sweeping the floor near their table. Steve groaned, dismissing her with his hand. "Ignore her." Dustin shrugged, looking at her. "She seems cool." Steve shook his head, as a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. "Yeah, much cooler than you, Batman."

"She's not." he replied, as Silver nudged him with her shoulder. "By the way, I'm going to share my glory with you." Steve frowned at the younger Henderson. "Glory? What glory?" Dustin looked around, making sure nobody was listening, before hiding his mouth behind his hand and muttered something. Steve and Silver looked at each other amused, raising their eyebrows. "Just spit it out already."

"I intercepted a secret Russian communication!" a few people turned to look at them weirdly before going to mind their own business. Silver rolled her eyes at her young brother, unimpressed. "So?" Dustin stared at her shocked, surprised she wasn't impressed. "So? We get to be American heroes!" Steve leaned in, interested on what he said. "What's the catch?" Dustin shook his head, pulling a book out of his bag. "No catch. I just need help with translation."

Silver cleared her throat, standing up as the boys looked at her. "Well, as you morons translate Russian, I'm gonna go hand with Kacey." Steve frowned, looking up at her. "Kacey Milgreeves?" Silver nodded, confused. "Yeah, you know her?" Steve scoffed. "Know her? She works in the rival ice cream parlour across the mall." Steve slumped in his seat, resting his head on his arms. "Can't believe you're friends with the enemy." she raised an eyebrow, a stoic look on her face before she cracked a smile.

"Gee, Steve-y, I wasn't aware you were so dedicated to your job." Steve turned a soft red, trying to hide a smile as he rolled his eyes at the girl he pinned for. "I'm passionate about things I like. That includes you." he tossed a wink at her, as it was Silver's turn to turn red, avoiding his gaze as Steve leaned back, swiping his hair out of his face. Dustin rolled his eyes, looking between the two with a slight smirk on his face, knowing it was only a matter of time before these two got together.