04 | no promises, batman

NO PROMISES, BATMANalso know as : chapter three - the pollywog part 2

NO PROMISES, BATMAN
also know as : chapter three - the pollywog part 2

Steve and Silver exited the school, cheering as they had finally finished the school day. The hours had gone slow and boring after the whole scene with Steve and Nancy, but they could finally head home. Each one to their respective household, of course. Silver reached down into her bag and took out her glasses, before wiping them with the corner of her jacket. She didn't really need glasses, only for reading, but she sometimes enjoyed putting them on, it made her feel like someone different, someone better than the real person she hid behind her shyness and cheekiness. Steve looked at her curiously, taking out his car keys as he dangled them from one of his fingers. "I didn't now you wore glasses." 

"Yeah well, I don't wear them often. Don't really need them." Silver pushed her glasses up from her nose and grinned at Steve. "Woah, would you look at that? Your beauty was so blinding that I needed glasses." She joked, as Steve laughed at gave her a cheeky grin. "Don't say that again." Steve Said, raising his eyebrow at the girl, who wore a small smile. "No promises there, Batman."

Steve rolled her eyes and followed her to the car park, where she picked up her silver bicycle and leaned on it. "You know, I could give you a ride home. It's on the way." Silver smiled, but frowned. "I have to check on my brother first, over at middle school. You don't have to wait." Steve watched as Silver walked away with her bike, and looked back at his lonely car, before sighing. "Wait up!"

Silver frowned as she opened the classroom hopeful, before her face fell as she pouted and closed the door. "He's not there either." Steve and Silver had been looking all over the school for about half an hour, but with no avail. He was nowhere to be seen, nor his friends either. Steve scratched the back of his head, before taking a look at his watch. "You know, he probably head back home." Silver nodded slowly, as she walked back from where she came from. "Shall we go, then?"

Silver and Steve turned around the corner, just to see a door bursting open and four boys tumbled out, two of them falling on a redhead girl who had been waiting outside. The two older teens hadn't noticed a slimy creature going around their feet as one of the boys, called Mike, Nancy's younger brother, yelled something before stomping away. Silver and Steve looked at each other with their eyebrows raised, before looking back at the other kids. "Dustin?" The curly haired boy grinned from the floor, as the redhead pushed him off her before standing up. "Hey Jess." He replied.

Silver scowled as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I told you not to call me that." She paused, before turning her attention at the unfamiliar girl standing awkwardly at the side, holding a skateboard in one of her hand. Silver noticed how she stood out, with her bright red hair, her freckles scattered around her face and her bright blue eyes. "Who's this?" Silver nodded her head at the girl. "I'm Max." She said, not knowing wether to trust this girl. Silver smiled, nodding. "I'm Jessica, Dustin's older sister, but everyone calls me Silver." Max softened her glare, and then turned to Steve, waiting his introduction. "I'm Harrington, Steve."

"What's going on, Dustin?" Dustin pressed his lips together. "I found a slimy creature, like a sort of slug but with legs, outside our house, but now we lost him, and we need to find him." Steve and Silver looked at each other quickly before looking away, as Silver nodded. "I'll help you find it." She glanced at Steve. "You don't have to stay, it's getting pretty late anyway." Steve looked at his watch again. "I would stay and help you find whatever the hell this thing is, but my parents are coming, and they're never home." Steve glanced at the girl. "See you tomorrow?" Silver nodded and waved goodbye as Steve walked down the halls, glancing back one time before disappearing.

She turned back only to see Dustin by himself with a walkie talkie in his hand,  wiggling his eyebrows as he smirked. "So, you and Harrington, eh?" Silver blushed as she rolled her eyes and pushed. "Let's find this thing and go home."

Silver sighed as she leaned against the wall, waiting for Dustin to come out of the boys bathroom. A lot of time had passed, as the other kids had been communicating through the walkie talkie all the places the creature was not in. She sighed again, as she turned her lightly, spotting a girl walk at the end of the hall, before disappearing round the corner. Silver frowned, standing up straight. She seemed familiar. She looked like that girl with shaved hair they had met last year. Eleven. But with a mop of curls in her head. She slowly walked towards the end of the hall, but Dustin interrupted her.

"Jess? Where are you going?" Silver snapped back into reality and walked back to Dustin, ignoring the fact he had called her Jess again. "Any luck?" Dustin looked away and shook his head, Silver not realising he was lying. Suddenly, Max, Mike and Lucas burst down the hall, eyes darting around. "Where is he? Where's Dart?" Mike asked intensely, Dustin shrugging. "Dart?" Silver softly asked, as Dustin quickly filled her in. "It's the creature's name. Also, maybe Will has him."

Mike stayed quiet, before speaking up. "Where's Will?"

A panic arose in Silver, as she darted down the hall.