06 | she's not my girlfriend

SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND

also known as : chapter five - dig dug

Jessica Henderson, mostly known as Silver, never thought in a million years she would stand in a flower and sweets shop, with Steve Harrington, searching for some flowers for Nancy Wheeler, so he could tell her he was sorry.

But here she was.

Steve wasn't really sorry. He was sorry that she had gotten completely drunk. He was sorry that Nancy didn't feel the same way about him. He was sorry that she felt in such a despair that she thought it was their fault about Barb's death. But he wasn't really sorry. And he definitely wasn't sorry about what he had said after Nancy came demanding an explanation on why he hadn't picked her up and on what had happened on that fateful night. Because it was the truth. He knew it. She knew it.

Steve and Silver had arrived shortly before to the shop, as Silver ate her packet of Bon Bons ( they are 80s sweets ) in Steve's red car. Steve had noticed how she only ate the red ones, which he assumed were strawberry or cherry flavoured, and then pouted when there were no red ones left. She lifted up the packet and turned towards Steve. "Want one, Batman?" she offered. Steve shook his head, ignoring the nickname, and glanced at her for a second before turning back to the road.

"No thanks." Silver shrugged and tossed the packet to the side, before leaning her arm on the open window. Steve turned to the left and parked infront of the shop he was planning to go to. "Why do you only eat the red Bon Bons?" Silver turned a soft pink, realising he noticed her just eating the red ones, before tucking her hair behind her ear. "I love the cherry Bon Bons, they're my favourite. I eat them all, and don't want to ruin the cherry taste on my lips, so I just don't eat the rest."

Silver blushed as Steve chuckled, shaking his head, his slicked back hair moving slightly as he softly bopped his head to the music playing on the radio. "I personally think the green Bon Bons are the best." Silver gasped, aghastly. "The Apple Bon Bons?!" she shook her head, grinning brightly. "You dissapoint me, human." Steve got out of his car, as Silver followed suit, and he locked it before standing next to Silver, looking at her sideways as she pointed to the shop. "There it is."

The bell rang twice once they entered the shop, alerting the owner they were there. The girl behind the cashier looked up from her magazine. She must have been in her early 20s, her ratty blonde hair pulled up into a side ponytail, bright pink lipstick decorated her big lips as she made a bubble with the gum inside her mouth, before looking back to her magazine, flipping a page over.