Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)

Start from the beginning

*Well, this went dark pretty quickly*

"He always became a great leader but also was a depressed one, but when he saw you for the first time, I saw the twinkle of hope in his eyes, you know you were always his favorite niece and he loves you so much and treated you like his own daughter..... So that is why I am giving you Isabella's ring because I know that no one else will ever deserve it as much as you do. You brought my son back from depression and anger which had consumed him and now this ring belongs to you. And besides, he wanted you to have it, he told me himself. So technically it is his gift to you" she said while she pinched my cheek and I looked up at her and saw her crying. She immediately wiped her tears. "Okay then, I think we better join the others"

She walked in front of me and then stopped. "Isabella?, oh i mean Aurora." she misspoke and turned around. "I think we should schedule another Spanish or Italian lesson soon since I was sick on your last visit."

"Sure Abuela, Me encantaría (I would love to)" With that she smiled brightly at me as we went to the dining room for dinner.

Lydia's Pov

Sitting with my whole family is the most wonderful feeling I wish to keep always, even though my husband and son are out of the country, they will always be in my heart and I hope that my husband can retire from the mafia-ish job. I thought when the day he gave the title to Toni, he would spend more time with me and the family he has here. He has always been like that since the day we met, a workaholic but he never fails to show how much he cares for me and his family.

Flashback

"Toni!, Lorenzo!, Qué están haciendo ustedes dos! (What are you two doing!) you know this Winter break, the whole family is coming and you both are going to Italy?!" I said seeing both my son and husband packing to go to Italy that night.

"Lydia, sweetheart, there was some explosion that happened in one of the warehouses we had there, my family just called us to handle it. Whoever there stole our products so our sons and I are going to Italy to handle those intruders which our men had captured"

"Now?! You know that we are in contact with James's children, how would he feel when you are not here when they are coming to visit!?" I said to him.

"I don't know ma, why don't you ask him?" said Toni finally voicing out and pointing behind him. I saw James carrying bags of weapons.

I sighed. "why, why do my husband and 2 out of my 3 children decide to leave their family when the whole family is visiting for some mafia nonsense!" I said as I shook my head.

"Mom, Sofia wanted to follow but we said that we had enough people, so have to be here and Diego will also stay to protect you and the family, you can never stay angry at us," said Toni hugging and squeezing me. "te quiero, mami(I love you mommy!)" he is trying to get me to stay calm. It worked.

"Okay... I get it, but please come back as soon as possible, ''I said to them. Both sons hugged me and my husband kissed me on my forehead.

"Tornerò con i nostri figli, ti amo mia cara (I will come back with our children, I love you my dear)" Lorenzo said to me before he left our house with our sons. It was all in slow motion, every single time when they left the country or even went on a mission, I hoped that they would come back home safe and sound.

Once the front door closed, I felt someone's arms around me. " It will be fine Mom, they will be fine" Said Sofia, my only beautiful daughter. I looked down at my feet and patted her hand. She suddenly removed her hand and I looked at her

"Listen to Sofia ma, we will be fine, we have been training for this, and your other grandchildren are coming tomorrow. You don't want them to see their grandmother for the first time since they were small to look all sad during the winter break, don't you? Be happy like you have always been throughout our childhood and theirs too." I saw Toni and even though that tragic day changed him, he was still my handsome sweet baby boy who cared for others. His genuine smile will even light up the room, he deserves a better life than what happened to him.