Chapter 29: Notes

Friday, February 16th, morning

"Marinette!" Alya ran over to her friend, stopping once she got there to take a breathe. "I-woah girl are you okay?"

"Tired. What's wrong?" Marinette groaned in response. After meeting Master Fu and Chat Noir, she couldn't sleep. She spent another hour just talking with Tikki about everything. Tikki was pretty wise, and gave amazing advice. She was pretty lucky to have Tikki as her kwami. 

"Oh, right. I just spoke to Nino." She leaned against Marinette's locker. "Max finished the thing to test the writing of your note, and he's going around today to have people give writing samples." 

"Seriously!?" Marinette jumped awake in shock, falling over. "What am I going to do? Steal my note? Write differently?"

"I don't know girl. Maybe writing different is the best way. There's no way to easily steal back the card." 

"Hey, Rose!" Marinette looked down the row of lockers, calling Rose over. "Max's invention is done. They're testing samples today!  AH!" She freaked out.

"Calm down, Marinette. You'll figure it out. You always do."

The bell rung.

"Come on. Class starts in a minute." Juleka closed her locker and beckoned the other girls to join her on the way to class. "Also, before I forget, hangout at my house tomorrow. Be there or be square." She smiled at her friends.

~~

[Noon]

"So, how does it work, Max?" Adrien looked at the small machine.

Max wrote his name on the paper, and then picked up the machine. "So I made it from my old phone and a scanner." He held it in his hand, using the other to point out parts while he spoke. "The scanner detects the writing better than the phone camera and then the I put software onto the phone so that once it sees both hand writing samples it can say the percent chance that it was written by the same person, based on the style, pressure, and size of the handwriting."

"You can make this, but you can't make a lie dectector that can be placed into a pair of glasses?" Kim admired the phone, but frowned as he rememored the failed lie dectector.

"I don't have the technology to place the lie dectector in such a small place." He patted Kim on the back. "I'll figure it out one day."

"Why do you want a lie dectector?" Adrien asked.

"So I can make sure no one lies to me!" Kim said happily.

"Fair enough." Adrien smiled, and looked more at the device. He wants to know who wrote it, just to thank them for the gift. He wasn't interested in a relantionship with anyone at the school, though. Ever since he met Ladybug, Adrien hasn't stopped thinking about her. It's insane how he barely knows her, and doesn't even know her true name, but she has taken up every thought in his mind. All he wants to do is see her again. 

"Ready?"

Adrien jumped, Max's words scaring him out of his thoughts. "Um, sure. How are we doing this exactly?"

"I'm going to have all the people in our class sign a paper with their names. I'll just say it's for an experiement since I ask people do participate in my experiements often enough."

"Okay, let's go!"

For the rest of lunch, Max, Kim, and Adrien went around getting people to write their names down. Then, they made it to Nino, Alya, and Marinette's table.