Trying To Make It

Start from the beginning

"You and Ronan have such cool middle names. I'm kinda jealous." He teased, putting his hand over his heart and Judas laughed. "Fine. I guess we will call you Dray, if that seems alright with you." Marcus nodded. The boys heard the whistle for try outs and practice to start and became alerted for their next steps.

"Okay boys, we're gonna get started with try outs and some practice today to see if you qualify for the team." The coach started. "My name is Coach Joseph and the captain of this group will be Grayson." A slightly taller guy waved when his name called. "We want you to play your best and try your best. If you don't make it this year, doesn't mean you don't have potential. Just try harder. I expect everyone here to do everything that they can. Now, go get dressed and we will start running laps around the court when everyone makes it out here." The group of boys nodded their heads and went to the get dressed. 

"Okay boy you got this! All these other wimps got nothing on you." Gerald said, trying to give confidence to his grandson. As soon as Ronan stepped into the locker room, he was overwhelmed but multiple voices in his head. 

"Help us!" "Fire!" "The smoke!" "SOMEONE HELP US!" he kept hearing, grabbing his head and breathing heavy. Ash and Dray looked back at Ronan, with puzzled looks. 

"I'm fine. Just overwhelmed a little bit. I just got to get out of this room." He said and he quickly got dressed in his black basket ball shorts and black muscle shirt. Ash nodded and started to get dressed as Dray sighed and did the same. Ronan hurried out of the locker room to be the only one out. He looked around to see the captain looking at him.

"Name's Grayson. Your's?" The captain asked with his hand held out. Ronan took his hand and shook it.

"Alistair but I go by Ronan. Preferred name actually." Grayson nodded and watched as the other players walked out, waiting on their orders on what to do. Ash, Dray and Jace also introduced themselves to the captain.

"Okay boys, let's start running ten laps around the court then some stretches!"Grayson yelled in an authoritative voice. Ronan started taking off at a decent speed, followed by his group of friends. They got done with their laps and stretches in time to understand the roles of each player. 

"We want you to understand each part and be able to play it. I was to make sure we make the Warriors junior high champions this year! Let's go!" Coach Joseph yelled. 

After a few hours of training and playing each role to see what fits them best, the boys started playing actually decent. Ash was good at making sure the ball didn't drop to the ground, Dray and Jace made sure to block the other players from making a point, and Ronan did well on being the wing of the court. The boys were tired and was glad it was the weekend. The coach evaluated everyone and was writing on his clipboard, seeing who would actually make it on the team. 

"Alright everyone! I think we had a good try out and practice! Go home and wash up. The captain and I will go over the evaluations and post the results next Friday." Everyone nodded and started walking to the locker room. Ronan barely made it to the locker room and heard the voices from earlier ,screaming. Looking around, Ronan started having a mild panic attack. Ash ran to his best friend and gave a concerned look.

"Calm down Ronan. You're scaring Ash. Just chill." Gerald tried to calm his grandson down but with no prevail as Ronan kept hearing the screams and cries of people.

"Ro, what's wrong?" Ronan shakes his head, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes.

"Make them stop, Ash. They're burning and no one is helping them. I can't get them to stop.." He whispered. Ash nodded and went to Dray and Jace to inform them to go ahead without them. Ronan sat outside of the room until they made sure everyone was out of there. Ash came back and check the locker room to see if anyone was left. When he came back, Ash dragged Ronan into the room and locked the doors.