Last Words Said

It's been a week after the fight between Ronan and Marcus. School stayed the same. As Ronan walked in the classroom, wanting to just go ahead, sit down and read his book, he heard the comments.

"He went ballistic on poor Marcus." one girl said in his class.

"Yeah, but Marcus was talking about his mother and his dead grandpa." a boy said.

Ronan ignored all the remarks and comments the kids had to say. He hated the fact that his last year teacher's loud mouth had ever kid talking. He went to his seat and pulled out his favorite book that his mother rewarded himself with after getting into the fight. 'I can't let my emotions get the better of me again. I got to keep them in control.' He thought. As he continued with reading the new Artemis Fowl book, he heard the seat next to him move and looked up to see Jared, smiling.

"Well, I didn't expect a fight on the first day of school. I hope you didn't get into too much trouble because of it." He said. Ronan let out a little chuckle.

"Nah, my mom was actually proud that I kicked his ass honestly." He commented. Jared's eyes got huge. 'Of course. Thanks grandpa for speaking around me like a sailor.' he thought sarcastically. He can hear Gerald laughing his ass off.

"Sorry. I try not to cuss but sometimes it's hard when you hear the words from one of your parents." He lied. His mother never said words like that unless she couldn't hold it back. His dad's family never said words like that at all. Jared laughed.

"It's okay. My new step brother is older than me and you can hear him say words all the time when he talks to his friends." He reassures sadly. Ronan seen the change from the way the boy talked. He sounded sad talking about his new family. 

"Now would be a good chance to talk to him about coming over and hanging out, Ronan. He may hate it currently. You heard what his mother said. He hates that his dad is getting married again." Gerald told his grandson. Ronan thought about it.

"Hey, If I ask my mom and you ask your dad, do you want to see if you want to hang out after school sometime this week?" He asked. Jared looked at him and just blinked. 

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm the new kid." He said, sadly. Ronan chuckled.

"Well, new kid, I'm the one with no friends and I'm trying to be friends with you. It looks like we both don't have any friends and we need one, so why not?" 

"You do have a point there. How about Friday? We won't have school the next day and we can stay up talking and I got video games we can play!" Jared sounded excited. It actually brought Alistair a smile to his face.

"Sure. You can bring those over since I got some myself. And I don't think that the animals will mind either."

"You got animals?!" Jared got up from his seat yelling and had everyone turning around quickly. Ronan pulled him back down to his seat, calming him down.

"Yeah man chill though." He said laughing. Jared whispered a 'sorry' to him. "I got my husky, Crowley and we got a cat after MiMi passed away a few years ago. MiMi was my mom's cat before she had me and my twin. Her name is Luna." Jared seemed amazed that we had animals.

"Maybe he never could have animals growing up. Don't give the kid a hard time, Ronan." Gerald said. Ronan never thought of it like that. All of his life, he had Crowley. 

"So, Friday after school then?" He asked again. Jared nodded his head quickly, grinning from ear to ear. The room got real quiet all of a sudden. Marcus walked in with bruises and still a busted lip. He looked right at Ronan and stared. He held that stare for a good minute and then decided to turn away and walk to his desk.  Ronan smirked. 'Yeah that's what I thought bastard..' he thought proudly.