Part 11 "We've got it?"

Start from the beginning

"This is huge guys" Michael says, as everybody gets used to the information.

"We're back in the race" Niall smiles making everyone chuckle, satisfied.

"Let's get some sleep everyone, tomorrow is a brand new day" Calum says as he gets up, he glances at you before walking away. Soon enough everyone was settling in for sleep, feeling motivated because of this.

***

Calum's POV*

Me and Louis were driving back to Busselton, specifically to find that one dart that missed Sarah. It was bright and early and I was so tired because I couldn't sleep last night. Something came over me, something was telling me things are bad and it's all my fault...

"It's good that not eleven people went this time" Louis chuckles, keeping his eyes in the road. I laugh lightly, trying to wake myself up.

"Figured it'd be, we'll be back quickly too" I added as I look through the window.

"Isn't it strange?" he says all of a sudden.

"What excactly?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"After five years we just come here and act like we've know eachother for twenty. And everything that's happening, it's all weird" he explains. He was right about that.

"Yeah, if someone's told me a month ago I'd be here and doing this, I'd never believe them" I add, we laugh at that.

"That's the beauty of it" Louis says making me smile at thought.

"Don't you miss your family?" I ask out of nowhere.

"I've learned to be from them, but I miss this girl" he says and I notice his hands grip the wheel tighter.

"You've never told us about her" I remember as I frown. He sighs, his eyes close for a second before he focuses back in the road.

"Well, we aren't together, it's complicated" he explains. I knew about the human relationships, they were...usually complicated. Why can't people be with only one person, or why do they have to cheat? I'll never understand, but that's how it is and I am noone to judge.

"How come you've never talked about her?" I nudge him on, having nothing else to think about.

"I don't know, I usually don't. I like it when it's just me and her and noone's asking questions, you know" he smiled at that and he seems happy when he talks about her.

"But I miss her, even if she maybe doesn't miss me" he says truthfully. I pat his shoulder sympathetically.

"I'm sure she does mate" I try to reassure him.

"Why don't you ask her to be together?" I question, it shouldn't be that hard to do right?

"I travel a lot Calum, so I told her that if she wants she can see other guys too and she said the same to me. You could say it's an open relationship, no strings attached" he explains. That's way too much for me, but I understand him.

"It'll all be okay mate, trust me" I smiled, he sighs, but manages to smile after too. Shortly after we arrived at our destination.

***

"There's police here" Louis whispers to me, sounding unbothered by it. I nod as I glance at the cars and people in front of us.

"They're searching Jordan's house" I whisper back as the two of state, unsure what to do yet. We walk over to them, but there's yellow tape that says 'do not cross', I'm not leaving untill we get to that dart.

"What are you two doing here? This is a police investigation, you don't have authorisation to be here" a man says, eyeing me and Louis strangely. I was about to say something, but Louis cut me off instantly.

"We're very sorry sir. We just wanted to check on our friend, but I guess we can't cross here, we'll go the other way. Sorry for interrupting once again" he makes it all up on the spot expertly. The officer tilts his hat in a matter of saying goodbye and Louis sends him a smile, pushing me to walk the other direction.

"What the hell are you doing? We need to go there!" I whisper-yell at him, but he just shakes his head.

"You dumbass, of course we do! But you can't just walk in, we'll get arrested then. Listen, while he was talking to you I noticed that someone had the dart in a bag and he carried it over to one of the cars. We just have to get a little bit of that substance" he explains.

"Okay, so, who's doing what?" I ask. Ever since I became the alpha I should be the one giving orders and I do, but this isn't my playing field, it's his.

"You're going to talk to them, keep them busy while I sneak to the guard, grab his car keys and get a sample" he explains and it sound simple enough, but it isn't.

"What do you mean talk? I don't know what to talk about, this is a horrible plan" I sigh, he glares at me.

"Calum, we don't have time for this" he says, is this what I sound like to people?

"We should have brought one of the girls for this" I mutter, but still go over to the tape. I glance at him one last time so he nods for confirmation and goes off. To cut the story short I couldn't have been more boring if I tried. Talking about all the cases of murder and everything, keeping the policemen busy it felt like hours, but was really only a few minutes. They were alert when the sound of a car being unlocked, but shrugged it off, thanks to my incredible coughing. I heard Louis' footsteps and decided to call off my distraction at that point.

"Well, I'm sorry to interrupt you again. I'll be on my way" I smile politely at them and get the hell out of there. Once I got to the car Louis was already in there and he couldn't control his laughter.

"I'm never being the distraction ever again" I breathe out, he pats my back with a chukle and turns on the car.

"Don't worry mate. At lesdt now you know how someone feels in that place" I hit him lightly, but a smile forms on my face.

"Just a little more and we'll see what's up" he says, I sigh with relief. Somewhere along the way I hear buzzing in the car, getting me out from the trance.

"Um Lou, your phone" I gesture, he takes it out and passes it to me.

"Niall" I say, not knowing if it's appropriate for me to take it.

"Answer it" I press the green button at his words and place the phone near my ear.

"We have a problem, where are you?" he sounds extremely worried.

"We're about twenty minutes from there, why?" I glance at Louis for confirmation about how close we are and he nods.

I hear Niall say "All shit's gone lose-". Oh no...