❝code nineteen❞

February 1, 8:49 AM

SEOUL MEDICAL CENTER

"Here take this." Youngmin hands an envelope with cash inside to Gunhee.

Gunhee shakes his head, "I can't take that. We don't give money to other units remember?"

"I insist. Euiwoong is part of the Knights." Yougmin says. "He's... He's family."

Gunhee wonders where Youngmin learned the word. This was the first time he heard of it. The younger nods, taking the money from his hands as the memory of what happened the night before flashes in his eyes.

"Zhengting!"

Zhu Zhengting closed his eyes waiting for the bullet to go straight through but nothing happened.

He opened his eyes, and instead of him— Lee Euiwoong was lying on the ground. With blood.

"What the fuck, Choi Minki!" Hyungseob exclaims, attacking Minki and pinning him on the ground.

The Spades decided to come out, hearing the ruckus happening outside.

"What the hell's going on?" Shengen asked.

Yue Yue eyed the group, "Someone's hurt."

Zhengting rushes to Euiwoong, holding his hand. "H-hey, I'm here,"

Euiwoong coughs, "Is.. is it that... deep?"

"You'll survive. I promise you will."

Minki was beaten to the ground as Jihoon helps Hyungseob. Sewoon picks up the gun and threw it to the woods.

Jinyoung faced Gunhee, "He needs help."

"I already called the hospital." Youngmin says, putting his phone in his pocket. "They're sending an ambulance."

"Hold on." Chengcheng steps in the middle. "How are you gonna explain what happened here? Are you going to blame us?"

Gunhee looked at Chengcheng then back at Youngmin. He sighed, "We have a specialist on our side. He treats every Knight who's gotten hurt."

"And he doesn't ask questions." Youngmin adds.

Zhengting holds tighter to Euiwoong's hand, "Stay strong..."

Gunhee comes back to reality and bids goodbye to Youngmin as he goes back to the Spades.

"Hyung." Jihoon calls out, gaining his attention.

"Oh, Jihoon. Is everything okay?"

Jihoon nods, "What are we going to do about Euiwoong? Are we gonna blame the Spades?"

Gunhee clicked his tongue. He would be lying if he says the Spades were at fault. Youngmin even helped pay the bill and they never raised a gun.

"Let's just make up a story," The older pats his back. "I'll handle this, okay?"

"What about Minki hyung? Sooner or later, he's going to tell Dongho hyung."

Gunhee was hesitant but he has to keep this a secret. "Don't let him out of your sight. Ever."

Jihoon was about to go back inside when Gunhee calls out to him, "Let's keep this between us first, Jihoon. Understood?"

"I'll tell the others, hyung."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

February 1, 9:01 AM

PARKING LOT

Youngmin looked back at the hospital one last time before walking to the parking lot

Youngmin looked back at the hospital one last time before walking to the parking lot. He trusted Gunhee and he knew he would do the right thing.

Even if it means keeping a secret and hiding what happened between them.

"How is he?" Zhengting asked as soon as Youngmin steps inside the vehicle.

"He's still unconscious but the bullet was taken out. Luckily it didn't go too deep. He'll be fine."

"What do we do now?" Chaoze asks.

Youngmin turns the engine on, "We need to wait for nightfall again. Its dangerous to attack the Knights in the light. I'm sure you know how that feels."

Yue Yue nods, eyeing him, "That's true."

The group was quiet when suddenly someone's stomach started to grumble.

Ziyi furrowed his eyebrows, "That definitely wasn't me."

Chengcheng raises his hand in embarrassment, "Actually... that was me. I haven't eaten in hours."

Shengen hit his head, "We're on a mission and all you can think about is food!"

Youngmin chuckles, turning the wheel, "I know a place where the Knights never set foot in. Come on."