❝code fifteen❞

January 31, 5:45 AM

SERPENTS' HEADQUARTERS

"Have you transferred everything?" Xiao Gui asked, sitting beside Ruibin.

Ruibin took responsibility of Xinchun's laptop and transferred all the files of their group to his laptop and Xiao Gui's.

They also transferred it to the Serpents' computers but installed a password. Incase someone tries to hack in, a virus will come erasing every file inside.

"Almost done." Ruibin answers, facing Xiao Gui. "How's Dinghao?"

"Good. But Li Rang said he kept having nightmares."

Ruibin nods, "That can't be helped. He was stuck underground for days."

Xiao Gui leans on the wall, "I just hope Xukun and the others are okay."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

January 31, 8:17 AM

DIAMONDS' HEADQUARTERS

"What's this?" Zhenya asked, sitting on the dining table.

There was an assortment of meals on the table. It was like a buffet.

"Food." Daniel points out. "You haven't eaten in a day. You need your strength."

Zhenya pushes the plate away from her. "I'd rather die than accept food from the enemy."

Daniel frowns, "But we're not enemies, Zhenya. We're family."

"The only family I know is The Black Spades."

"Ahh, the fakes. The wannabes. The ones who formed a group just to attack the Road Knights."

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you ever wondered why your Spades have the same five main groups like what we have in Knights?"

Zhenya shrugs, "I think that's just how a group works."

"Hmm, close. But you see, the Road Knights have been standing much longer than your puny Spades," Daniel walked closer. "And its time to turn your back on them Zhenya."

She was getting nervous as Daniel leans in, brushing his finger on her chin. "I'm— I'm not betraying them!"

Daniel smirks, "But you will. Now, you'll tell me where the syrum is hidden and I will spare your friends."

Zhenya pushes him back as the chair falls on the floor, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"You're still going to play this game?" Daniel grabs her wrist, pulling her towards him, "Then let's play."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

January 31, 1:01 PM

KENTA AND YURIKO'S HOUSE

Yongguk and the others found out that Zhenya was indeed in the Diamonds' headquarters. Now all they have to do is save her.

"Let's split up." Kenta suggests, looking at the map laid out on the table.

Youngmin nods, "We can cover more grounds if we do."

Ruiying faces Yongguk, "If Kang Daniel really is looking for the syrum, then wouldn't it be best to assume that he's planning to go to the house?"

"What house?" Shengen inquires.

Yongguk got Ruiying's message. "Our old house. There's a laboratory underneath it where my father used to work. That's where he made the syrum."

"Then that's great! For sure, that's where the syrum is!" Zibo exclaims in excitement.

"That's not true," Yuriko walks toward the center. "If it were that easy, Daniel wouldn't need Zhenya anymore."

"Plus he's been over that house a couple of times." Youngmin adds. "He also found the underground lab, but no luck."

"Hold on," Zhengting spoke. "If there's no traces of the syrum in your house, why would Daniel still go there?"

"Because he has Zhenya." Yongguk answers. "You might not know this but our house isn't just an ordinary house. And Zhenya is the key to opening every locked door around it."