❝code seven❞

January 29, 10:06 AM

PANTHERS HEADQUARTERS
BEIJING, CHINA

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Zhengting, you better open this door right now or I'm breaking it down!" Zhenya exclaimed from the other side.

She was trying to get inside Zhengting's office.

"Oh shit," Xingjie stood up, looking at Zhengting. "Did someone tell her?"

Chengcheng quickly shook his head, "Not me! I never said a word!"

"Zhu Zhengting!!!!!" At this point, Zhenya was practically screaming.

Zhengting massaged his forehead and sighed in defeat, "Let her in,"

Chen Minghao who was on duty that day, nodded his head and opened the door, revealing a very furious Zhenya.

"Where's my unit?" Zhenya asked, crossing her arms. "What's this rumor I heard about them being blown up last night? Where's Yue ge? Where's Zibo? Where is Huang Xinchun?!"

"Zhenya, calm down," Xingjie was the one who answered. "We're looking into it,"

"Zhenya, it's best if you -"

"If I what?!" Zhenya cut off Zhengting's sentence. "If I sit around waiting for some news whether they're alive or not?"

"Jie, your unit - I mean the Koalas and Falcons are safe at the Falcon headquarters, except for...." Chengcheng trailed off.

"That's enough, Chengcheng," Zhengting said, raising a hand. "As for you Zhenya, I assure you that they are safe."

Zhenya was having enough of the secrets and excuses, "Except for who?"

"Nice going, Fuxixi," Xingjie mutters, glaring at the younger.

"What did I do this time, Huba?" Chengcheng answered, pointing a finger at him.

"Fine," Zhenya said, cutting Xingjie and Chengcheng's argument. "If you won't tell me, I'll find out myself."

Zhenya walked out of the room, ignoring Zhengting's calls. She walked out of the house and found a car parked on the streets.

She spotted Yanchen and Zeren inside. They were probably waiting for the driver.

Zhenya opened the door and sat in the driver's seat.

"W-what the hell?!" Yanchen exclaimed from the passenger seat. "What are you doing, Zhenya?"

The girl put her seatbelt on and grabbed the wheel, "Just shut up and don't even dare to stop me."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

Zhenya parked the car in front of the ruins of the Spades' Cabin.

"Woah, so its true," Zeren whispered as he jumped out of the car.

Yanchen looked around and walked towards the cabin, "I see something there,"

The two followed him and found some broken pieces of a surveillance camera. Zhenya also spotted one of Xinchun's bracelet.

She picked it up and put it on her wrist, "You're still alive. I know it."

Zeren kicked some ash away, removing some wood incase something has been left behind, "What are we doing here anyway?"

"I'm here to find out whether my team is alive or not," Zhenya answered.

"But I heard they're all resting at the Falcons' headquarters,"

"Not all," Yanchen intercepts. "Did you know about this, Zhenya?"

The girl nods, "Xinchun, Zibo and Dinghao never made it outside. I overheard some of the guards talking."

"Wait! Wait!" Zeren held out both his hands, "What do you mean Xinchun?! Xinchun-ge was in here when the bomb exploded?"

Yanchen saw how Zeren's face turned pale and he was hesitant to tell the young boy the truth. But he deserves to know, "Yeah. I'm sorry Zeren, but that was what Yue ge told the others."

Zeren blinked away the tears as he looked at Zhenya, "Do you - do you believe that Xinchun is dead?"

Zhenya looked back at him and looked down on the ground, "Xinchun is smart." She started to kick something but stopped when she hit a hard object. "What the -"

Zhenya blew the ashes away that was covering the ground. There they saw a small door, probably leading underground.

Yanchen smirked, "A hidden tunnel, of course."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

They entered the tunnel without hesitation with only Yanchen's phone as the source of light. They walked a bit further up when Zeren stopped.

"What's wrong?" Zhenya asked, stopping in front of the boy.

Zeren gulped, "I hear footsteps,"

Yanchen started to get nervous. They were after all, inside a tunnel with no weapon in hand except for Zhenya's gun. "Don't play games, Zeren."

"I'm not!" Zeren suddenly pointed at a figure walking in front of them. "See?! It's a zombie!"

"What the hell -" Zhenya took out her gun and pointed at the man in front. "Show yourself!"

The man suddenly fell down, as he coughed out, "Zh- Zhenya?"

Zhenya dropped the gun, hearing the familiar voice. The voice she was really expecting to hear.

Yanchen placed his phone to the direction of the man to let them see who it was.

Zhenya's tears fell down as she ran to him, wrapping her arms around him, "X-xinchun, you asshole."