❝code eighteen❞

February 1, 7:26 AM

DIAMONDS HEADQUARTERS

Zhenya's screams were heard through the hallways. Daniel decided to do some tests on her to make her remember something about the syrum.

"They've injected her with it." He mutters, looking at the results.

"With what hyung?" Haknyeon asked from the computer.

"The Memory Syrum," The older explains. "Whoever's injected with that syrum will forget her past 10 years."

"So this is pointless." Dongho says. "We got her but she has no idea where it is."

Daniel crumples the paper in his hand, "We'll force her to remember. Haknyeon, prepare the car. We're going back to that house."

Haknyeon stands up and nods, walking outside.

Zhenya was getting nervous of what's going to happen next as she watches Daniel moved towards her.

"We're going to take a trip down memory lane,"

"Where are you taking me?"

Daniel smirks, "Somewhere familiar and if you fight back, your friends will die."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

February 1, 7:32AM

ROAD KNIGHTS UNDERGROUND TUNNEL

"That was Zhenya. She's screaming." Xikan said, the moment he heard a scream from above. "We have to save her."

Mubo pulls him back, "Xikan, stop. We're already deep underground. If you go back they'll capture you again."

Xikan removes himself from his grip, "But Zhenya's in there!"

"We'll save her, Xikan." Yanjun assures him. "Let's find the others first and come back."

"Yanjun's right." Jeffrey agrees. "We're outnumbered. We need the team."

Xikan clicked his tongue, "Fine. But if something happens to her, I'm blaming you."

He walked further into the tunnel as he bumped into Xukun who stopped in his tracks.

"What the hell Cai Xukun—!"

Xukun looks up, "We're here." He pointed at the ladder, "That's the way up."

The others arrived on time as Xukun climbs the ladder. They followed him, the sunlight hitting their skin once they were out.

"Fresh air!" Quanzhe exclaims, rolling on the ground.

Unbeknown to them, three people were hiding behind the bush and once they noticed who it was, they ran towards them.

"You guys are alive!" Mingjun says, hugging Xikan.

"M-Mingjun?!" Xikan says, looking at his surroundings. "Luo Zheng? Xingjie?"

Once the group finished their mini reunion, Xingjie pats Xukun's back, "We thought they killed you."

Xukun shakes his head, "They locked us up in a cell."

"Xukun found a way out and we just knocked the guards down and ran here." Yanjun adds. "Where are the others?"

"We couldn't get a hold of Zhengting." Luo Zheng explains showing his phone. "As for Xinchun, Wenjun and Yanchen— we have no idea where they are."

Xikan sighs, "Well, they've got Zhenya back there but we need to find the others first."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

February 1, 8:40 AM

SPADES' SUBMARINE, UNDERWATER

"Bu Fan's gonna kill you once he finds out you wrecked the place," Ling Chao says as Xiao Gui closes his laptop

He just finished running a scan to the headquarters to see if there were any survivors.

They were inside a submarine and they barely got everyone and everything out before the Knights arrived. It was a good thing Yuqin reported quickly.

"Relax, kid. I'm not scared of Bu Fan."

Zhangjing arrived inside the room, "Ruibin's looking for you. He said something about the messaging app you were developing?"

Xiao Gui furrows his eyebrows but follows Zhangjing. They went inside the big room, locking the door.

Everyone who was left behind in China was there. They were confused to where the others are and this is the first time they all left their home together.

Now, more than ever, they were prepared for the worst as they walk into enemy territory, vowing to do only one mission.

Linong smiles at them, "Let's go save our friends."