❝code fourteen❞

January 30, 11:35 AM

KENTA AND YURIKO'S HOUSE

"I don't believe you," Ziyi says after hearing Yongguk's story

"I don't believe you," Ziyi says after hearing Yongguk's story. They decided to hide in Kenta and Yuriko's safe house and plan out how to get Zhenya and the others back.

"Believe what you want to but I just want to save my sister," Yongguk answers with a stern voice.

"Then we should be running to save her, right?!" Shengen exclaims. "What are we even doing here?"

"We need a plan," Youngmin states. "You can't just go there unprepared. You don't know how the knights work."

Chengcheng frowns, "But you're one of them, so you know how they work."

"They have no idea I betrayed them, okay? Do you want me to die?"

"If it means saving Zhen -"

"Shengen." Bu Fan calls him out, interrupting him. He faced the only girl in his unit. "Ruiying, what do you think about this?"

Qin Fen furrows his eyebrows, "Why are you asking her?"

"You mean, she hasn't told you yet?" Kenta asked.

"Told us what?"

Ruiying sighed. This is the first she spoke after meeting them, "I don't have time to tell you my back story, okay? The important thing here is we need to save Zhenya, before he takes her away."

Yongguk nods at his old friend, "You're right. We can't risk letting them find out what they want to know."

Chaoze looked confused, "What do they want anyway?"

"The place where the syrum is located." Yuriko answers, eyeing them carefully. "Zhenya's the only one who knows where it is."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

January 30, 5:01 PM

SERPENTS' HEADQUARTERS

"Where have you been?" Zhou Rui asked as he handed some water to Dinghao

"I seriously have no idea. All I remember is Xinchun giving me his laptop and telling me to run."

"Where did you run?" Zhangjing adds another question.

"I don't know. It was - too d-dark in there," Dinghao stutters, trying hard not to shake.

Yue Yue ruffles his hair, "He's still traumatize."

Dongdong nods, "He must've been wandering in the tunnel for a few days now."

Ruibin crossed his arms over his chest, "Rang-ge, Dong-ge, can you take him to one of the guest rooms? I think he needs to rest for now. We'll deal with Xinchun's laptop."

Li Rang and Dongdong carried their unit member to the room leaving Ruibin with Zhangjing, Zhou Rui and Yue Yue.

"What now? Even if Dinghao is alive, we still have no idea where the others are." Zhou Rui stated to the group.

"I'll see what I can find in the laptop," Ruibin pick up the bag from the table. "We'll find them, ge. We always do."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

January 30, 7:07 PM

SOMEWHERE IN THE WOODS

"I'm glad you're awake," Xinchun hears as he rubs his eyes

"I'm glad you're awake," Xinchun hears as he rubs his eyes. He woke up in a dark forest, not remembering the events that happened before.

"Where are we?"

"I have no idea but I guess its somewhere near the Topaz headquarters," The boy answers. "We all got separated and I had to drag you out before they blew up the place."

Xinchun widens his eyes, "W-wait.. Blew up? Where's Zhenya?"

"They took her, Xinchun. Together with Yanjun, Mubo, Quanzhe, Jeffrey, Xukun and Xikan."

Xinchun slowly stands up, "We need to save her - we need to -"

Wenjun pulls him back, "Stop it, Xinchun. We don't even have the slightest idea where they took her."

"Maybe to the Diamonds? That's the only place I could think of," Yanchen says, throwing some sticks to the bonfire.

"But ge -!"

Wenjun interrupts Xinchun's cries, "Get it together, Huang Xinchun. We don't need another one of us dying."

Xinchun bit his lip and sat back down, "What do we do now?"

"We wait till morning," Yanchen answers. "We have no idea where we are and if we wander around, who knows where we'll end up."

Wenjun nods in agreement, "I suggest you sit down and take a rest. We'll head out once the sun rises."