❝code sixteen❞

January 31, 4:19 PM

DIAMONDS' HEADQUARTERS

Daniel groans throwing his cup on the wall, "I swear I'm going to kill her once I find out where the remaining syrums are!"

Hours have already passed and Zhenya still had no idea what Daniel's been talking about. He might think she's lying to cover it up.

"Daniel, relax." Kang Dongho says, looking at their captain. "You might be forgetting that you're not healthy yourself."

Daniel sends him a mean look and opens his watch.

Only three months left.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Seonho comes rushing in. "We received a message from Seongri hyung and we have a problem!"

Dongho stands up, "What is it Seonho?"

"Its... Its Kenta hyung.." Seonho tried to catch his breath first. "Kenta hyung, Yuriko unnie, Youngmin hyung and Eunki hyung— they've all betrayed us."

Daniel begins to ball his hands into a fist. He scowls, "Bastards." He looks at the younger one. "Seonho, tell the Sapphires to find Kenta and the others."

"Dongho," He looked at him. "Tell the Emeralds and Rubies to fly to China tonight. This ends now."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

January 31, 6:25 PM

ON THE ROAD

"Are you sure they're going to be safe?" Chengcheng asked, worried about Zibo

Youngmin nods, he was driving the van towards the Diamond headquarters. He was with Zhengting, Chengcheng, Chaoze, Yue Yue, Shengen and Ziyi.

The plan was to sneak in and save the remaining Spades who were captured.

Ruiying and Yongguk assumed that Daniel would be heading to the house with Zhenya so the rest stayed behind, preparing to go over there tomorrow.

"I just hope this plan works." Chaoze comments, eyeing the mountains the road they were passing through.

"It will," Yue Yue pats his back. "We're going to save all of them."

Youngmin smiled at the Black Spades' friendships. Even though they were in different units, they still treat each other like family. Something he has never felt with the Road Knights before.

He turns the wheel but a tire suddenly exploded. The car whirls around, as it hit a tree, shattering the glass in front.

"What was that?" Ziyi asked.

The group looked out the window and spotted a group of people walking towards them.

"Sapphires." Youngmin whispers, opening the compartment in the front seat. "I can't believe they found out already."

"Who found out?" Shengen inquires, holding on to his seat.

The Sapphires were firing their bullets towards the van.

Youngmin took the gun from the compartment, "The Knights. Now, don't move. I'll handle this."

"Wait." Zhengting stops him. "I'm going with you."

"Zhengting, this isn't your place."

"But this is my family they're attacking." The latter argues.

Youngmin sighs, and unlocks the door. "Fine. Just don't do anything stupid."

Zhengting told the Spades to stay put as they try to negotiate with the Knights.

"Hold your fire!" Gunhee raises his hand.

Youngmin walks out of the car, with his gun, followed by Zhengting. "Gunhee, stop this."

Minki points a gun at him, "You stop. You betrayed the Road Knights and you sided with the Spades."

"The Spades are innocent."

Sewoon scoffed, "And you believe them?"

"You don't know what you're fighting for, do you?" Youngmin inquires, looking at the group. "Do you know what Kang Daniel's true objective is?"

The Sapphires looked at each other as Jihoon spoke up, "To eliminate the Black Spades."

"And why do you think he's doing that?" No one answered but Youngmin continues, "Gunhee, you're fighting the wrong battle. Now I suggest you drop your gun and we'll settle this."

Gunhee was hesitant to believe Youngmin but Minki was getting furious. He fired the gun up in the sky and pointed it at Zhengting.

"Stop playing mind games, Im Youngmin! If Gunhee surrenders I'll just kill every Spade you have in there. Starting with him."

Zhengting flinched, and held the gun in his pocket.

Hyungseob noticed the familiar face beside Youngmin, "Hold on, you're—"

"Zhu Zhengting." Euiwoong says, the name rolling off his tongue like he has said it a thousand times before.