Chapter 9

Christina woke up just as the old grandfather clock struck 3. Sitting up, she peeled the quill and paper off of the side of her face. Time must have slipped away from her because it seemed that she had fallen asleep on a note that she was beginning to write to Anastasia. Bear landed on Christina's desk and nudged his head into Christina's shoulder. Her fingers traced his large darker feathers on his head as her eyelids began to droop once again.

She had settled down and was about to fall asleep again when a loud ruckus woke her once more. Ash was stirring about in his cage, his long deep red wings beating against the bars of the cage. When Christina turned to see what was causing Ash to act up, a hand covered her mouth and another her eyes. Struggling to break free, she bit the person's hand and he dropped it from her mouth and let out a silent screech.

Christina panicked. She knew that screech. Draco Malfoy. "What are you doing in here? You about gave me a heart attack."

"Last night, you came to me and you just kissed me out of nowhere. It was amazing but... you seemed distracted. What's going on?"

"It's Aria... she just kept some things from me that she shouldn't have."

"What did she do?"

"Well....I can't say. It's best for everyone that these types of things stay confidential."

"Okay I understand."

"I'm really tired. I might try and go to sleep."

"I might just have to join you."

Christina jumped into her bed and Draco settled in next to her. She rested her head on his chest and drifted off to sleep. All throughout the night she tossed and turned and stirred with her dreams. It was early that morning when she awoke once again. She looked up at Draco who hadn't moved from where she left him last night. Sitting up, she shook his shoulder but there was no response. Then, she noticed it. The deep bloody gash that sliced open Draco's neck.

Christina let out a scream and tears began streaming from her eyes. Turning to the right, she saw Ash hanging from his neck a few inches above the bottom of the cage. On the desk lay Bear who was sliced partially in half. It was a nightmare. Everyone was dead.

Quickly, she rushed down the steps and busted down the door to Aria's room. Bustling about the room, she searched helplessly for Aria. She opened up the closet door and found her sister on the floor drowning in a pool of her own blood.

Screaming and crying, she ran back up to her room where she dropped to her knees and wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her shirt. She placed her hands on the ground and pulled them back up to find that her bright white shirt was now soaked in the dark red substance that appeared to be either ink or blood. She looked up at the wall that stood before her and watched as in blood it was etched: Don't try to run from me. I will find you. And in a whisper she heard behind her the words that had been etched upon her wall: "I wil find you."

She let out a scream as she was completely enveloped in darkness. That was it. Her life had flashed before her eyes and was gone before she knew it. She barely had anytime to let out another screech before she woke up.