Chapter 2

Aria sat up screaming. She tried to get the nightmare out of her mind. The door swung open and George came running in. Aria pleaded with him to turn away so that he wouldn't see the long cut on her arm but he wouldn't listen. He sat down next to her to examine the cut. It turned out that it wasn't a cut at all. George got to his feet and charged out of the room, trying to slam the door behind him. Aria caught the door just before it hit the wall behind it. She ran out after him, grabbing her robe and pulling it on as she ran along.

George had stopped at the kitchen table and had his head hung low. Aria came up behind him and laid her hand on his shoulder. As if startled, he turned around, knocking her hand off of his shoulder and looked her in the eyes in confusion. "Why would you hide this from me?!"

"I just couldn't..."

"Couldn't what? Tell me the truth?"

"It's just not that simple. The wedding was coming up and I just didn't want to ruin anything."

"Well you certainly made things better."

"George I wanted to tell you but I knew this would happen. Everyone was so happy and I just didn't want to have everyone upset with me."

"You could have told me!"

"It wasn't that easy! Don't you think this was hard for me too! Keeping this from you is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do! I had no choice! He chose me! There was nothing I could do!"

"You should have come to me."

"I couldn't. Not before the wedding."

"Why not? You seemed to bring up every other problem. This is just one more thing to add onto the crap that I have to deal with before the wedding! You don't think that this is difficult for me as well? Planning an entire wedding and then not even barely scraping by with the money. I don't know how I'll ever get this done in time."

Tears began streaming down Aria's cheeks and she began once again "I thought you'd be able to accept that I'm a deatheater. You know what? Fine. If you don't want to deal with all the wedding stuff then I'll save you the trouble. The wedding's off!" and with that, she had her wand and was running out the door, not even looking back to see if George had followed her.