Chapter 18

Fred raced into a large, open room where Anastasia had told Fred she would be. He emerged panting heavily. Anastasia looked up at him and smiled. Her smile soon faded away when she saw the expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" she asked getting up and stepping towards him.

"Anastasia..you have to get out of here."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Bellatrix...she talked to Christina. Your mom doesn't approve of me. She got to your sister. She's coming..."

"She's coming to do what?"

"She's coming to kill you."

Silence filled the room and Anastasia spread a blank expression across her face. Fred just looked at her in confusion but Anastasia felt no reason to fill him in on anything. She knew that her fate was inevitable. When Christina set herself on something, there was no escaping it. Christina gets what she wants not matter what.

Anastasia looked into Fred's eyes knowing that it might be the last time that she ever got to see his innocent face again. She leaned in and kissed him just as the door flung open and hit the wall behind it. Christina stepped in with a look of merciless cruelty on her face.

Anastasia and Fred stumbled back a bit but they soon found their footing and stood their ground before Christina.

"Hello sister dearest. I thought I ought to pay you a quick visit."

Anastasia stepped forward at Christina's statement. Fred saw what was happening and jumped in front of Anastasia. "I won't let you do this Anastasia."

"Fred..step aside this is my burden to bear."

"No Anastasia I can't let you. I'm not just going to stand here and watch you die."

"Fred my fate is certain. You can't make this harder on me. You have to let me go."

"No I can't."

"Fred this is my destiny I have to do this."

"NO! I already lost your sister. I can't lose you too."

"How touching." Christina smirked at the sound of her own voice. "So which of you will be the first to die?"

Anastasia stepped forward but Fred quickly pushed her back. "Fred stop it I have to do this."

"Over my dead body."

"Don't worry my dear. Your time will come indeed." said Christina. Suddenly she pulled a knife from her belt loop and stuck it through Fred's stomach. He dropped to his knees and Christina watched with a smile as his life drifted away.

"Fred!" Anastasia screamed. She ran to his side and put his head in her lap.

"I want you to know that I meant everything I said. I love you Anastasia."

"I can't say goodbye to you like this."

"This isn't goodbye. My memory will live on as long as you hold true to yourself. Where there is evil, good will always rise above."

Anastasia began to cry and Fred reached up and wiped the tears from her cheek. As his hand laid back down on his chest, the light disappeared from his eyes. He was gone.

"Don't fret. You will be reunited once again. All in good time." Christina leaned forward and shoved the blade through Anastasia's heart twisting it around until it wouldn't go any further.

When the light faded from Anastasia's eyes and her heart stopped beating, Christina fell to her knees weak and in pain. Suddenly the hate and mercilessness drained from her and she returned to her former self. She looked up and stared around her. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes and threatened to roll down her cheeks. She took Anastasia in her arms and wept for her. Cruelly, she had killed her own sister and there was no way to bring her back.

Now she truly felt the worst pain that she could've ever felt...lonliness.

Going Unnoticed (Last Book In The Things Not Seen Series) *Completed*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें