Chapter 17

It was almost 2:00 and the moon was in it's most beautiful position. Christina awaited Draco on the Quidditch Pitch. Trying to entertain herself in Draco's absence, Christina threw rocks for distance. Soon even her surroundings began to get tired and bored. Noises sounded off in the distance and Christina jumped.

Soon, she decided to hide out so that she wouldn't be found. From where she sat in her tree, she could see the fire and destruction being brought upon Hogwarts. It killed her inside to know that her sanctuary was being ripped apart before her eyes and knowing that standing up for her school and her classmates would mean the deaths and mass destruction of everything.

Through the branches and the leaves, Christina could see a shadow emerging across the field. The noises that followed sent chills down her back. The crunching of leaves and twigs beneath feet had always bothered her and this was no exception.

She reached into her boot and pulled out her wand and held it before her, ready to attack if she needed to. Taking a deep breath, she leapt from the tree and landed before the figure. Aria jumped back in surprise at Christina's reaction.

"Are you okay?" Aria asked almost in a panic.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be."

"No reason I just thought you were with Draco when it happened."

"When what happened?"

"Christina...Draco came and told me that he was going to the Room of Requirement. He wanted to make sure that I didn't let you follow him. Something tells me that he might not have been betting on returning afterewards."

"Get to the point will you."

"Goil blew up the Room of Requirement....with Draco in it."

Christina didn't speak, she simply stared at Aria in disbelief. She was so shocked that she couldn't bring herself to react. All she could manage was a nod before she pushed past Aria and headed back inside.

She found herself back in the very bathroom that Draco was attacked in the previous year. She looked at herself in the mirror hardly recognizing the monster that she saw staring back at her. Something else caught her eye however. Another person lingering in the background.

"What are you doing here?" she spun around eyeing her. Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Oh come on. Don't be that way darling. I just need to ask you a quick favor."

"And why should I help you?"

"Oh honey I don't think you get the choice."

"Quit acting like you own me. I don't belong to you and you can't make me do anything that I don't want to do."

"Christina honey I can make you do anything I want you to do. I'm your mother and what I say goes. Imperio."

While all of this was going down a certain someone just happened to be lingering in the hallway. Fred Weasley heard the commotion coming from inside the lavoratory and knew these voices all to well to know not to interrupt anything that was going on. However, he leaned up against the wall and listened in to what happened. He just made it in time to hear Bellatrix begin.

"Now that we see eye to eye...I have a task that I want you to carry out for me."

"And what is that mother?" Christina asked as though she were an innocent child asking her mother for candy.

"I despise that Weasley child and I do not want him associating with my Anastasia."

"What would you have me do?"

"Well...since I know that she won't simply leave him....I have to come to a more extreme measure. It's simple really. End her...and anyone that stands in your way."

Fred just about gasped. He had no desire to give himself away however, so all he could manage to do was let his jaw drop and race down the hall before Christina emerged into the hallway and followed him down.