Chapter 5

"Good morning students and welcome back to another year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please welcome your new headmaster Professor Snape." Professor McGonagol said in an unexcited tone.

"Good morning students. Please come into the Dining Hall and we will begin the Sorting Ceremony." Snape said in his usual dry voice. The students filed into the Dining Hall looking up in fear at the burly deatheaters watching the doors.

Everyone took a seat at their designated tables except for the 1st years who would be sorted in only a few moments. Everything was dark and gloomy. Without Dumbledore there, it made everyone realize how lost this place would have been had he not taken it over.

Christina fought her way through the crowd dragging Aria behind her. Keeping their heads low, they snuck into the Slytherin table. The Sorting Ceremony was over and done within only a few moments. With that, the students were sent to their dorm rooms without supper and Christina,Aria,and Draco trudged down the stairs to Christina's dorm room. They hoped and prayed that it wouldn't be inhabited.

Christina slowly began to open the door but stopped when she heard the creaking eminating from it. She stepped in and Pansy was on her side of the room with her back to the door. Pansy began to speak "Hi. You must be my new dorm buddy. I just want to make one thing clear. I don't want us to fight because it causes super huge conflicts so you keep to yourself and I'll leave you alone. I already had a terrible roommate last year and she was the most annoying girl I have ever met and not to mention that she completely stole my boyfriend from me."

Pansy turned around and her jaw dropped. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"I do believe that I'm a student."

"Not anymore and when Snape finds out about this..."

"Snape isn't going to find out about this because you aren't going to tell him or anybody for that matter."

"And what makes you so sure..."

"Wingardium Leviosa."

With that, Pansy was suspended in the air kicking and screaming. She pleaded with Christina to put her down but no matter what she said, Christina kept her hanging in the air.

"I'll put you down, on the condition that you do not tell anyone that we are here."

Pansy accepted and Christina dropped her to the ground. Christina waited for her to get to her feet before she snapped at her again "Now if you don't mind I'd like to get some sleep so get out!"

"I don't have to listen to you. Remember I still know your little secret and I can..." she began but Christina put her hand up to silence her.

"Shhh. Can you hear that Aria?"

"It sounds like hissing." Aria repeated.

"Oh silly me. I almost forgot to feed Azazel."

"Who's Azazel?" Pansy asked confused.

Without further words, a large black snake uncoiled itself and slithered out from where it hid in the darkest shadows of the room. Pansy backed into her bedside table in horror as she looked down at the predator before her.

"Now, I wouldn't want my Azazel to go hungry. And I'll be sure to feed him so that he won't be a nuisance. However, if you tell anyone that we are still here, I can make sure that Azazel gets the midnight snack that he has his eyes on. Are we clear?"

"Yes." Pansy said without taking her eyes off of the creature eyeing her in pleasure.

"Then let me repeat it once more so you can get it through that thick skull of yours. Get out!" and with that, Pansy sprang for the doorknob but as she was leaving, Christina managed to get a few more words in "And let me make sure I am 100% clear if you tell anyone that we are here, it will be the last words you ever mutter."

Pansy nodded, gulped, and ran out the door. Christina then lay down on her bed. Aria sat down the extra bed on the far right side of the room. This meant that Draco was forced onto the chair on the left side of the room where the shadows seemed to stretch for miles. When Pansy came back later that night, the 3 of them were already asleep.

Pansy silently crossed the room and reached out for the handle to the bedside table. She pulled out a knife and held it out in her hand. Then without hesitation, she crept across to where Azazel was sleeping and held the knife up above her head. She won't be so scary without her snake, she thought to herself. As she began to bring the knife down, she felt a cold hand grip her wrist. She shrieked and dropped her knife. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." it was Christina.

Draco woke suddenly and gasped "What's wrong?"

Aria restored light to the room and revealed that Christina had a tight grip on Pansy's wrist that was hovering above the small knife.

"Oh nothing much. Pansy just decided that she'd pay Azazel a little visit." Christina said sarcastically.

Pansy dropped to Christina's feet weeping and Christina kicked her hands off of her slippers looking down at the pathetic figure sobbing and begging her for forgiveness.

She looked down at her in sympathy but soon changed to disgust "We'll be leaving tomorrow. However, we'll be checking back in. So, don't tell anybody while we're gone or we'll catch up with you later. Now, I need my sleep and so do Aria and Draco. We've got some work to do. So, I'm gonna keep this and you're gonna go to sleep and leave us all alone." she said while picking up the knife and sliding it under her pillow. Then she signalled Aria and the lights went out enveloping the room in darkness.