Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven:

Nyx's POV:

I woke up to the sound of Kuro's voice. I opened my eyes slowly seeing the demon patting Rin. It slapped the boy's lips with its paws, but the boy remained asleep. Kuro frowned and walked backwards before jumping onto the Rin's mouth.

"Gah!" Rin yelled, while I giggled. Kuro gave him a devilish smile.

"Nice job, buddy," I whispered, scratching the top of his head.

"Really? You're awarding that behavior?" I pouted and felt Rin grab my waist, flipping me onto him.

"Good morning." I said cheekily, pecking his lips. The boy yawned, frowning when he looked up. He hooked a finger under my bra strap.

"Why are you wearing clothes? Did I dream last night?" I punched his shoulder, pulling on a pair of pants. "You know, it's nice being able to do this." I raised an eyebrow, Feeling his arms wrap around me. He pressed his lips against my shoulder blade. I leaned into him, holding one of his fingers.

"Babe, I need to put on a shirt." He mumbled into my back.

"No..." He whined, exaggerating the "o".

"Oh my God, Rin. Stop." I said giggling before he let me go. I pulled on a shirt, glancing at the bed next to us. "Oh, look. Yukio came back!" We moved over to the lump in the bed, pulling back the covers. I heard sniffling. "What the-Emi?" The girl looked up, sitting properly and rubbing her face furiously. "Are these some after sex feels?" I asked. She would normally laugh at this, but she simply shook her head.

"Yukio never came back last night." She said sadly. I saw Rin purse his lips.

"He's probably fine. C'mon, get dressed." Emi's phone went off. The girl composed herself before picking up the call.

"Hello? This is Takayama speaking." She paused for a moment. "No, I'm not sick. I can make it. Thank you for letting me know." She hung up, sighing.

"What was that?" Rin asked.

"Staff meeting. You two should go find the other students. I'll be fine." I patted her shoulder.

"Alright, we'll see you in a bit." She gave me a weak smile. Rin ran into the bathroom, changing his clothes before reemerging. We said goodbye to Emi before walking out.

"Hey, you okay?" Rin asked. I looked up at him.

"Something is happening. It's definitely not gonna be good. I mean, new Pope? I got a bad feeling that this is the Pope I think Mateo meant, but how could he have predicted there was gonna be a new one that soon?" Rin frowned. "Nevermind, let's just hope things don't go down too soon."

"Yeah."

Emi's POV:

I stood in the back of the faculty room with Shura by my side. I picked at the skin around my fingernails, something I did when my anxiety got really bad. I looked up at Shura with a worried expression. Yukio never missed a faculty meeting, yet there was still no sign of him.

"He'll show up, Emi." Shura whispered, stopping my hands.

"I hope so." I was about to say more, but another exorcist started talking.

"All of the instructors at the cram school along with the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross will be making a fresh start of things under the direct supervision of Vatican Headquarters. Today, the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross has a new director. She's been appointed by the Vatican and the new Paladin."