Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

Yukio's POV:

Emi and I walked side by side through the forest on a dirt path. I watched as she looked at all the different trees with wonder and amazement. I admired how she looked at the smallest things and acted like they were the greatest things she ever saw. She was always good at that, seeing the best in people, and not just that, but bringing out the best as well. She was the type of person who always believed in second chances, who'd stop fights and help people through their problems. She had a way with connecting to other people, usually through her smile. Her smile and laughter would light up a room, as cliche as that sounds. Nyx would always joke about how her laugh could make a demon smile, and I thought it was true. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Emi talking.

"Hello? Earth to Yukio." I looked down at her.

"S-sorry. I was thinking." Emi giggled.

"Are you okay? You're acting all nervous." I laughed it off, but the truth was, I was nervous. I would have to tell her sooner or later. I was just worried about what she'd say. Would she be happy or sad? Would she get angry and stop talking to me again? I was about to say something when I heard something in the bushes. I looked at Emi, she heard it too.

"Probably a rabbit or something...?" Emi said almost as a question. I remembered neither of us had weapons due to the whole "let's be normal teenagers for once" agreement we made. Emi and I kept walking. Emi then spoke up.

"Thank you for bringing me here." I smiled at her.

"No problem. I-um actually have to tell you something-" I was interrupted by the Emi being jostled to her feet and dragged away by a shadowed figure.

"Emi!" I shrieked as I ran after her. She screamed, trying to free herself. I tripped on a tree root, falling. I quickly got up as I looked for Emi with worry, my mind going to the most defective places. "Emi!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I then felt a keen pain in my head. I dropped to the ground. The world slowed, turning dark.

Nyx's POV:

"Summertime!"

"The ocean!"

"The swimsuits! Let's hit on chicks Rin!" Shima exclaimed.

"Very funny Renzo." I smacked the back of his head, while Izumo gave a tired and disapproving look.

"Time to hit the water Okumura!" Shima laughed, running towards the sand. He looked back. "Hey Izumo, Nyx! Get changed! Hurry into your swimsuit! Man, I love the ocean!"

"This sucks." Shima grumbled, as I skewered squid, placing it over the stove. "Why do we have to help with the grilled squid shop, when we're surrounded by voluptuous babes?" He hung his head. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, stop by and have a bite! Our grilled squid is so good, you won't mind selling your soul for a taste!" Rin encouraged the people energetically.

"You're a really good sport, Okumura." Rin looked down at the slumping Shima.

"Oh, well, I don't really mind doing this kind of thing." He looked ahead. "The only thing is, it's a total wash out, isn't it?" He frowned. "I don't understand it. This squid looks so damn good!" Kuro jumped onto the boy's shoulder, eyeing the squid. Rin looked at the Cat Sidhe.

"Wow! That looks really tasty! Can I have some Rin?"

"No, no - they're for sale."

Wait, could he hear Kuro or can he just read his expression? Nah, Rin would have to be a demon to hear Kuro.