Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

Emi's POV:

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

I had tried to summon Kami a few times, but for some reason, she wasn't materializing. In the midst of my panic, I looked down and saw a small piece of paper. There was something written on it.

"Come the blade, come the hour. Come the blood, come the power. Pure of purpose, free of fear. Voluntary on the bier."

I thought for a moment before realizing what it meant. It was a riddle, and I knew the answer. I gulped down my fear, trying to think. I felt tears brimming at my eyes, but I pushed them away. I looked over at Yukio, seeing he was still asleep. I used my foot to pull the small piece of paper over to me and hid it under my boot. If I was right, one of us wouldn't be getting out of this alive, and I was not about to let that happen to Yukio.

So this guy likes riddles...

I hear a groan come from the unconscious boy. I looked over to see him slowly wake up, having the same reaction as me.

"Good morning, Sunshine," I spoke in a plain manner. Yukio looked at me frantically.

"Emi! Are you okay?" I nodded my head. I looked over to see his head stopped bleeding.

"We're in quite the pickle." I stated, looking around. Yukio did the same.

"Could you try to summon Ka-" I interrupted him.

"I already tried." Yukio then thought for a moment.

"Could you try to recite something, a verse to send for help?" I thought for a moment before nodding. I started reciting but was cut off by the sound of loud footsteps approaching. Yukio and I looked at each other before preparing to meet our captor. I took a breath before watching a man walk in except, he wasn't a man. The creature's legs were made of smoke, and it had multiple faces. The being held a large book. I knew he was a demon, but I couldn't quite recall what he was. He wasn't a Japanese demon, I knew that for sure. The demon then spoke, but his voice was combined with the voices of all the other faces on his head.

"I'm afraid your incantations won't work here." He said in a slow monotone voice. "I put a barrier around this cabin, your magic won't work." Then it hit me. The demon noticed my reaction and looked at me. "Do you know what I am, child." I gulped before I spoke.

"You're a Dantalion. The seventy-first demon in the demonological grimoire. You feed off of knowledge and secrets. A European demon, more specifically, English." I said, my voice shaking. The Dantalion nodded his head. Yukio then spoke to the demon.

"How did you get here? Why did you take us?" The Dantalion then quickly moved to Yukio's side.

"Didn't you hear your friend, boy? I feed off of secrets, and I sense one here. As for how I got here, it is none of your concern." Yukio and I looked at each other, shocked. The demon then stood before us. "Now, who's ready to play some games?"

Nyx's POV:

I was pacing the room. It had been almost a day since Yukio and Emi had been kidnapped. Exorcists were working nonstop to find them, and they told us to stay out of it, yet there we were, the entire class, sitting in an empty classroom, freaking the fuck out.

Damn it. Of all times to be undercover. Maybe I should come out.

"Well, we can't just sit here and do nothing!" Suguro yelled. I jumped at his volume.