Chapter 43

"Hueningkai.....it's time..." Yeonjun gently patted Kai's shoulder sadly.
     "I- I can't.....I can't leave him...." Hueningkai let a tear fall from his eyes staring into his eyes.
      Soobin felt pity watching Hueningkai try to win the bunnybat plushie from the ringtoss booth.
       "Let me try Kai..." Soobin gave a gentle smile and took hueningkais place, Throwing a ring.
     The rings were impossible small to fit around the bottle rims, soobin couldn't get it either.
     "What happened to using the restroom?" Taehyun asked, approaching with beomgyu.
     "Hueningkai saw a plushie and said he would die without it." Yeonjun explained, pointing to the bunnybat plush.
      The woman running the booth saw their struggle and came over. "If I can get a picture with you I'll give you the doll you want." She shyly asked soobin.
      "Me?" Soobin raised his eyebrows surprised. He barely even responded when the girl was already taking a selfie with him. Hueningkai raised his eyebrows in panic for a second but remembered that soobin could in fact show up on camera, just not mirrors.
       "Thank you. Here you can have it." She smiled and handed soobin the bunny bat.
     "What just happened...." Beomgyu blinked confused as the girl returned to her post.
     "It's common for human girls to ask for a guys picture, she probably thinks you're cute." Hueningkai said, staring at the plushie in soobins hands like a begging baby.
     "Oh. Here, for you." Soobin handed the plushie to Kai, remembering why he got it and smiled when he saw Hueningkai hug the plushie. 
     "Its name is soobin Jr. Because it looks like soobin!" Hueningkai laughed and held the plushy up to soobins face to show the others.
     Yeonjun chuckled and tried not to grin. The plushie really did look like soobin, a vampire bat bunny.
     "We were asked for a photo in return for a churro earlier, Its really weird how often humans take pictures of themselves." Beomgyu shrugged it off and offered some churro to Taehyun as they kept walking as a group to enjoy the festival.
     "So why a Halloween festival?" Soobin asked yeonjun. "Because we can just have our eyes red, fangs out, act like vampires, do whatever and we'll look normal. Besides, all the crowds cover up our scent from scouts." Yeonjun whispered, not wanting the others to overhear the actual reason yeonjun invited them out today.
       Hueningkai noticed them whispering but couldn't hear them over beomgyu and Taehyun fighting behind him.
     "No- I dont- want any!!!" Taehyun tried to bend his head far away but beomgyu kept waving the churro around in front of his mouth.
     "Oh c'mon just a little bite it's really good!!!" Beomgyu frowned and gave up, taking a bite of the churro before it would get cold. He sulked while walking.
      "Ohhhh poor beomgyu I'll share the churro with you!!" Hueningkai smiled and opened his mouth cutely towards beomgyu. "Ahhh."
      Beomgyu smiled and scoffed and Hueningkai trying to be cute with him. "Ohh my poor little brother you must be hungry right?" Beomgyu held the churro to Kai like he was a baby and fed him a bite of it. Kai smiled and hummed. He was glad that he could still enjoy the taste of human food even if it gave him nothing nutritional.
    Taehyuns stomach grumbled seeing the sight. He was jealous and hungry now.
      Soobin took hueningkais hand to warm him up but forgot that Hueningkai wouldnt feel super cold right now since he was a vampire now. The holding hands was still nice to soobin though.
     Beomgyu went to take another bite of churro but was swiped by Taehyun leaning in and taking a huge bite.
       Beomgyu just stuck his tongue out at Taehyun. "You could've asked...told you that you'd like it." Beomgyu smiled and finished his churro.
       Yeonjun stopped when he caught a wiff of an unidentified vampire. He quickly directed his group towards the carousel.
       "Let's ride!" Yeonjun smiled, picking a blue and yellow horse to ride on.
      They all got on after paying and buckled up. By now Taehyun had caught on to yeonjun's edge.
     "Tyun? You hungry? You seem like you're spacing out. Tired again?" Beomgyu started unbuttoning his shirt collar.
     Taehyun grabbed his hand and stopped him. "no I'm ok. I couldn't in public anyway." Taehyun decided to ask about yeonjun after the ride.
      The ride went around and around, many people were staring at the fact that five grown boys were riding the carousel.
     They got dirty looks from parents and kids on their way off of the carousel but they brushed it off, meeting back in a group.
     "Alright, that was pretty random of you yeonjun what's up?" Taehyun didn't waste a second asking in front of everyone. He wasn't surprised to see no shock in anyone's eyes. They had probably all caught on to yeonjun's behavior.
      Yeonjun didn't want any secrets in between the five of them so he spoke.
      "To be honest, I think that they're many scouts around the city, waiting to attack when were vulnerable. I don't think they're planning on giving us a chance to make a plan of our own so we need to seem preoccupied and not like we're planning to take the elders down. They still don't know that Hueningkai is a vampire yet so we have a little surprise attack there." Yeonjun got down to business.
        "So we're just having a lighthearted conversation at the festival right now right?" Beomgyu put on a fake smile and pretended to laugh.
     Yeonjun smiled and nodded. "I'm thinking that the scouts are probably reporting back to the castle. If we kill them as they stalk us then they will definitely notice a missing scout." Yeonjun led the group walking around to talk, pointing now and then so it didn't seem like a serious conversation.
      "We have to find a way to lose them and block our scent. Sneaking in to attack could be our best attack plan." Yeonjun proposed his only idea but it seems like soobin had better ideas.
     "Actually, I think I have a better plan, let's go home in private to talk about it."