Chapter 22- Bewilderment

Author's notes: Sorry if it took me three months to update. 😔 My momentum was disturbed when a ghostwriting client hired me to write 3-9k word articles for him daily. My contract was finally done so I'm back! 😍

You've probably forgotten about the previous happenings in this story so it's better to read the last few chapters, or at least the last one before proceeding to read this update. It's up to you. Thank you for the patience and interest! 😘

Here we go!

☠❤☠

PEPSI'S POV

We walk up the staircase and head down the hall. There's a black, wooden door at the end of it. If that's not his bedroom, then what is it? Playroom? Gaming room? 

But we're here to do our project...

A report. 

We need to research and arrange them in a Powerpoint presentation, not to play some stupid video games. 

Jake isn't the type to have a study room either...

I don't like the unholy images that are slipping into my mind right now. I momentarily close my eyes to pull myself together.

My heartbeat doubles as Mrs. Danvers finally opens the door.

"We're here," 

My eyes automatically fly open as I marvel at the spacious room that looks extraordinary and...random?

Are you disappointed?

Its interior design, accents, and furniture were all black and modern. 

I scan it from my view as fast as I could, trying to take it all in. There's a billiard pool in the center, a minibar in one corner, some black couches, and one thing that seems to be irrelevant with Jake: books.

There are hundreds of it leaning against the black mahogany sliding bookshelf that occupies the black wall. The thick, leather spines lined up perfectly as if it was arranged by someone who has an obsessive-compulsive disorder. 

This is so not Jake.

"This is Jake's man cave," Mrs. Danvers leans in to whisper to me. I turn to her with a mystified look. 

"I'm sure you'll enjoy it here," she adds, winking at me with a sly smile. At that moment, she again reminds me of Grams.

"He will be here in a minute. You can wait by the couch as one of the maids prepare the refreshments,"

She is about to step out of the door when I remember something about Jake informing me that their Wi-Fi here is as fast as the speed of light.

"Wait—Uhm, excuse me, but what's the Wi-Fi password?" 

"Oh," she giggles, "Your name,"

"Huh?"

She just then gives me her creepy smile before closing the door. I am not sure if she's trying to be friendly, or just simply scaring me off. 

So, the password's my name? I'm not sure if I have understood it right. I mindlessly type my name in as the password and no shit?! 

It actually worked! 

I scoff. Jake might have told her about this. She's probably a part of his flirting plan.

I try the Wi-Fi and confirmed that he wasn't lying about how fast it is. Everything loads up in a split of a second.

I take a deep breath and look around as I wait for him. I walk up to the bookshelves to see what books he is reading—or are these just for display? You know, to impress those girls that he brings here.