1: Rabbit Feet and Stuff

Start from the beginning

Before he could hear anything else from the pair of idjits, he closed the flip phone, ending the call.

He had other things to deal with now.

"Uncle Bobby," the woman greeted, shooting him a cheeky grin. "Sure seems like there's a whole lot you've been keeping from me."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you're the one to talk." Her eyes widened. "Your mother told me everything."

She blinked. "Everything?"

Bobby shrugged, leaning back again in the chair while still keeping his eye on the girl. Sally's girl. "Well, she told me who your real father is. Some interesting stuff there, girl. Any more to it?"

Her lips pursed.

"Of course there is. Now, why don't you sit here and tell me what you've been up to for the past couple of years and I'll get looking for them boys." He got up from his seat and started to look for books on rare curses.

"Uh... now?"

He turned back around to throw her a look. "Well, I said that, didn't I?" He turned back to the books and grimaced. "Unless you'd rather help with some of this reading."

She blanched and held up a lone finger. "First of all, I'm dyslexic so I suck at reading. Second of all, I happen to not have a clue about what you've been getting yourself up to since Auntie K died."

He scowled at the memory. "Fine. Just make yourself useful and tell me what you've done with all of your... what do you call it?"

She raised a dark brow. "Powers?"

Bobby took a deep breath at the word. "Right."

"Well, I suppose if you already know it's not like Zeus can decide to suddenly smite me or something. I'd rather not be smitened. Or smote... or is it smut? No, definitely not that-"

He dropped his books on the desk tot he side of the Colt, making her jump in her seat uneasily. "Not that."

She nodded slowly, still eying him carefully as he started to open the books and scan them for information. "It all started when I was 12 and my Pre-Algebra teacher decided to try and kill me."

Bobby paused, and slowly looked up at the girl. "What?"

She grimaced, nodding at his shock as if she understood it at some level. "Yeah, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, Uncle B."

Then, Persephone Jackson began to tell her mother's brother in law all about the life she's had as a demigod.

Well, not all of it.

Just enough to get by.

.

.

.

.

.

After Persie told her Uncle B her Tragic Backstory, she was all into hearing about what exactly her crazy uncle has been getting into lately. She preferred him much more to the other uncles she had, considering her dad's two brothers had both tried to kill her.

Okay, apparently she doesn't have much to go off of, so there.

"I found it," Bobby said to himself, holding a place down with his hand.

"Found what?" she asked, leaning over the desk to see what he was looking at.

"Cleansing Rituals"

"Oh... well, that's certainly something."

Bobby looked up at her with raised brows. "Yeah, kid, I told ya some things exist that you probably weren't too aware of."