Chapter 9

Fun fact...

Most Americans have an STD.

Rut row.

***

    I followed Fallon into a dark, seemingly endless, room. Dim lights filled the space, and I felt myself shuddering at the chill that seemed to follow me everywhere in this place.

I had to be strong, even though I didn't have anyone to be strong for. I had to be strong for myself, because that's all I had. I have always been terrified of my own happiness, because I knew it would be taken away from me. I was dangerous, reckless, and foul tempered. I was a threat to anyone who got close to me. I could hurt them. I never got too close to anyone, I never allowed myself to have friends, or to find love.

I've never been in love, or felt love. I will die without knowing what it feels like...that feeling where you wish you would never go to bed, because for those hours, you're left in a darkness, craving to see that persons face when you wake up.

Fallons words ripped me away from my self-pity party.

"You need to let yourself be free, because the more you try and control your Gift, the more it controls you." Fallon said as he stood in front of me, he wore the same thick black coverings as I did.

He referred to my curse as a Gift, and somehow that made me feel worse. Gifts are given to you by people who care for you. The Devil forced this "Gift" upon me, and instead of bringing me joy, it brought me a world of loneliness.

"I can't exactly be free if I'm wearing this shit, can I?" I said, holding up the floor-length , black cloaked outfit.

It was ridiculous. They wanted me to dress up like some kind of Death Eater. I literally looked like the type of psychopath who puts kittens in microwaves.

"When you're strong enough, this is what you'll be wearing along side Romen. You'd better get used to it." Fallon replied, his watery gray eyes unbothered by my discomfort.

I said nothing. I didn't want to be anywhere near the Devil.

Fallon took a few more steps back before holding his arms out, "Alright, hit me." He motioned to my hands that were already sparking from my heightened emotions.

I nodded slowly, reaching into the deepest parts of me, and pulling at the bubbling strobes of electricity that touched my heart. I raised my hands, and thick bolts of lightning shot out of them, embedding themselves inside his chest.

He winced, stumbling back slightly before regaining his footing. He nodded, and asked me to do it again.

"How do you do that?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

His dark brows furrowed, "What?"

"From what I can tell, you don't really have a power, so how do you stay standing after I hit you with lightning, something that would've killed anybody?"

He smirked at me, "My body works different than a frail human such as you. I feel less pain, I'm almost as hard to kill as an immortal."

My interest peaked, "Immortals can be killed?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Yes, not that you ever could. Immortals can live forever, but it doesn't always mean they do."

I'd definitely like to try and kill Romen. I had hurt him before, and I yearned to do it again. He had hurt me worse, getting in my head, burning me, making me feel useless.