Chapter 16

Fun Fact...

I stayed up until 4am writing this chapter and eating icing. Booya! I love this chapter :)

*** 

    We dropped the girl off at a nice hotel, I handed her the money I had taken from the drug lord, telling her that I'd be back to see her sometime soon. She passed out on the bed of the hotel room before I could even finish my sentence.

   Jamie threw a blanket over her before we left the room. I shut the door tightly behind me and watched as Jamie looked thoughtfully at me.

   The girl gave him back his cloak before she had fallen asleep, and he now wore it, the hood folded neatly over his head. He watched me intently, his dark eyes serious.

    "What?" I asked, folding my arms in front of me.

    He shook his head, looking away from me, "You have too big of a heart."

    "What's that supposed to mean? We helped her, we avenged her, I thought that's what we did." I said, following him as he walked down the hall of the hotel.

   "We do not avenge people, Willow. We kill people, bad people who deserve to rot in Hell. We don't play savior to girls in need."

   His back was to me, so I reached my arm out, forcing him to turn to me. He looked annoyed, as if we hadn't just done a noble thing. As if he wasn't the one that helped me.

   "What were we supposed to do? Leave that poor girl alone with a dozen dead criminals?"

    "That's what we're supposed to do." He sighed, but I didn't miss the tone of regret that filled his voice. He wanted to help people.

   I heard a buzz come from his cell phone, and Jamie sighed as he pulled out his phone, his eyes reading over his text.

    He looked to me, "Romen wants to see you."

   Jamie showed me the text the Devil had sent:

    Bring Sparky to me. Now :)

    "Now?" I asked, my body was tired.

     He nodded, "Now."

    I groaned as Jamie extended his hand to me, and I reluctantly reached out as we disappeared.

***

   I walked slowly down the hall to where Jamie said the Devil would be. I was tired, exhausted. Not physically tired, but emotionally drained. My soul was tired.

    It hurt me to see the horrors that mankind could do. It scared me to know that I might be just like them, a monster. That little girl only wanted to provide for herself, and instead, she was stolen, and thrown into a terrible existence. 

   I know I killed people, bad people that deserved it. But somehow, although it may be justified, I felt like it was eating away at my soul.

  I walked past the guards who opened the doors to the Devil's room. I had never been in here before, and the thought of being alone with Him, terrified me. It was a massive room, decorated lavishly with big couches and an even bigger bed. Everything inside the room looked expensive, and I felt like it was a big possibility that I could get lost in here. I kinda wanted to just break everything inside this room.

   I walked in further, frowning when I saw no pictures, no decorations of any kind that represented Him. The walls were dark, expensive looking paintings hung on the walls edges. Although the room was magnificent, it seemed sad to see it so void of character.