Chapter 24

Fun Fact...

The word "clitoris" is Greek for "divine and goddess like.

Booya. Bow down men.

****

    A long oak table sat in the center of the immense room. Dimly lit candles poured light over the heavy darkness that seemed to cling to every shadowy corner of the room. A feast was laid out before us, food was  piled high on expensive looking plates.  Cloaked guards were lined against the walls, unspeaking, and unmoving.

    It was almost as if we stepped out of modernity and were thrown into some 18th century bullshit.

    Draven sat at the head of the table, a low smile etched his lips. His concrete jaw and defined cheekbones were shadowed against the dim lighting, giving him an almost ghostly appearance. He wore a dark grey suit, and although his face screamed calmness and tranquility, his fingers tapped the corners of the table with agitation. 

   Andrey sat to his left. His dark, animalistic eyes stared with solitude at the flames of the candle. His jaw was set with vexation.

    Romen strode past me with the allure of complete and utter dominance. He took the open seat next to Draven, not even glancing his way.

   I felt really awkward.

    Where the fuck do I sit?

    Romens eyes found mine as he ever so slightly motioned to the seat next to him, before reverting his eyes and pouring himself a glass of dark liquid.

   I reluctantly took my seat next to him, extremely aware of Dravens cold eyes following my movements.

    "Willow, you look lovely." Draven commented as I took my seat.

    Not bothering to acknowledge him, I poured myself a glass of something that smelled extremely alcoholic. 

    "I must say" Draven continued "when I heard about you, I was absolutely astonished. In the centuries of our existence, none of the Devils favors have turned out like you. I'm extremely curious as to how this happened."

    I took a long sip of my drink, "that's nice." 

    Draven smiled. "Do you feel what he feels?" 

    I really didn't like that question. So, instead of answering I took 4 more sips of my drink. It burned my insides and I welcomed the discomfort it gave me. It was something to focus my mind on. 

    "If I cut that beautiful face of yours, would he bleed too?" Draven questioned, his golden eyes lighting up at the prospect of gore.

    Fuck this guy, and his demented little mind games. He wouldn't scare me, I refused to let him intimidate me.

    My gaze met his, "I dare you to try."

    I felt Romen tense next to me, but Dravens smile only grew at my blatant defiance.

    "Soon, darling. Soon." Draven promised, his golden eyes icing over with that prospect.

    I glanced to Romen, seeing his dark red eyes pool with anger and agitation. His concrete jaw was set with fury.

      Romens eyes met Dravens cooly, "What is your purpose for being here, Draven? Is it to threaten my guests? Because if that is your intention, I promise you, this will end very poorly for you."

    Draven waved Romen off, "No, no. I'm here for restitution, my friend." 

    "Restitution for what? I owe you nothing." 

    Dravens eyes never met his smile as he spoke venomously. "You see, my dear friend. Jamie was my subject, my servant. He sought solace in you, and while that is all good and fine, it is against our laws. What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours. We know never to cross those lines. Now I know this happened a very long time ago, and I was planning to collect dear Jamie immediately after his departure. But I didn't, and I am so glad I didn't, because a very lovely alternative has presented itself."

    Dravens eyes met mine, and he smiled with false security and kindness. 

    I felt my face go pale at his words. I knew Jamie had been abused by this man, but I never knew the history behind it. Jamie used to work for Draven, he used to be his subject. And now that he was gone, Draven wanted compensation for his loss, he wanted me.

   Oh my fucking god.

    Where the fuck is Rose and Fallon? 

    "I see three options for you, dear friend" Draven continued "option one, you can give Jamie back to me, but I promise you I will kill him, violently I might add, the second he is in my possession. Option two, you can hand little Willow over to me, and I won't kill her and you can go on your merry little life, like nothing ever happened. Or option three, you can hand neither of them over to me, and you will have a fucking war on your hands, and thousands will die due to your inability to sacrifice."

    I thought about running. About bolting for the door, but then where would that lead me? I would be chased down and then back to where I started. I then thought about killing this smug fucker in front of me, but then again, I would definitely lose that battle.

   Instead, I downed the rest of my drink, calmly, reaching for the bottle, and filled up my empty glass with the dark liquid that made me feel warm and fuzzy.

    Romen didn't spare me a glance, "I don't think you realize who you're fucking talking to, Draven. Do you really want a war on your hands? My empire is vaster, stronger than yours. My people outnumber you a hundred to one, and when you lose this little strife of yours, I will rip your heart from your puny, invalid heart. Is this personal vendetta of yours worth that?"

    Draven didn't miss a beat, "We haven't spoken for a very long time, Romen. You see, my numbers have grown, my power has grown, and if you dare to find out how much, you will regret it. You're entertaining a war over the loss of a little girl? How weak have you become? I will be back in a fortnight for your decision. Choose wisely, friend."

   At the end of his words, Draven vanished, along with Andrey, in a cloud of grey smoke.

  Romen said nothing, I said nothing.

    Instead, I picked up my drink and chugged it, begging for that drunken haze to smother me into a world of ignorant bliss.

  ***

Xx

Aleksei