V12 - Chapter 150 On the Way Home

Start from the beginning

"This is going to be a good day," Branson Castillo said as he smokes his cigarette.

He looks over to the Hispanic CIA agent. Branson Castillo is the head of the CIA operations on Falmart and recently arrived. They have had a rocky relationship.

"The prisoner is under military jurisdiction, Agent Castillo." He states.

"Right of course," Branson said. "Are you going to put it in the same prison that Herm escaped from?"

He looks away from him and back to the incoming helicopter. He sees two Apaches as escort making this final past.

He knew Branson was going to bring that up and knows he is going to use that against him on who gets to control the Haryo prisoner. "And yet we contained the situation and found out how they infiltrated us. We are already cleaning up the mess."

The Haryo Tribe uses these slugs that attach to the back of the nervous system and takes control. He doesn't understand the biology behind it, but the doctors and scientists told him they release a powerful chemical that suppresses the host's ability of self thought.

It reminded him of the film Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. A situation where Khan had these slugs or worms who did something remarkably similar.

They said they can remove the slugs without killing the host but there will have to be a lot of preparation to do. He ordered a mandatory screening of everyone on the base, starting with the civilian population because that seemed to be their base of operations.

He ordered them to keep the real reason a secret, stating that it is a vaccination program, just making sure to prevent a plague. It will take time, but everyone will end up getting screened.

In his opinion, he doesn't expect to find many new cases besides the Czech soldier and the kids. The fact they used a foreign military police for the breakout implies that they didn't have an agent in a better position to do their rescue operation.

"And this mess might have been avoided if you had been more open with intelligence," He said.

"Excuse me, General?" Branson said.

"You know what I mean," He responds. "You have one in Guantanamo Bay naval base. You must have learned something by now. Regardless of recent events if I hand this pigman to you I know I won't get anything in return."

Branson adjusts his glasses. "Off the books, the Haryo that the Rose Knights brought to us is dead(1). I couldn't give you more information because he didn't have a source."

He looks at him shocked by that news. "How is that possible?"

"We don't know," Branson said. "We saw him dying but before we could do anything, he was dead. We decided he somehow committed suicide."

He looks back to the Chinook as it gets ready to land. All around him are APCs, IFVs, and two platoons of infantry and security ready to take the Haryo. He did not want to take any chances with this prisoner.

"I see," He said. "It seems this new enemy has many tricks."

"I Agree, General," Branson said. "I think we need to work together and keep the politics out. Unlike the Empire, these Haryo's seem to be clever."

"That means you have to inform me of the integration," He said. "No secrets. They have our people and we need to find them."

"I read the report about the scientist(2)," Branson said. "Nasty business knowing they are hunting us. I do want to know why."

"I do too," He responds. "It also shows we haven't gotten back all of our people. They have more and we just need to find them. If you get the information, we will hit them."