Maya shook her head "Not this time, Lucifer. I'm sorry...I really am...but I gotta go,"

***

"Day four." A woman said on a video "Down to three meat sticks, and a bottle of water, 217 miles to L.A. I'm not sure we're gonna make it. 'cause my brother drives like a narcoleptic old lady." she turned the camera to look at a man driving the car "Say hi, Grandma!"

The man responded by throwing the meat sticks.

"No, that was our only nourishment," the girl laughed.

"Her name's Lindsay Jolson." Dan explained to Chloe and Maya "Just turned 22. She went missing catering a Players' Club event,"

"Players' Club?" Chloe asked.

"It's one of those skeezy pickup artist groups. You know, that teach geeks how to be sex gods." Maya explained. "My brother made fun of them,"

"Got it,"

"Lindsay was last seen talking to the lead scumbag." Dan tapped the screen to show them a flyer with a picture of a man. "The founder, Carver Cruz,"

"So he was interrogated?"

"Yep, but his lawyer did all the talking. And with no proof, we're stuck. But there's a Players' seminar and after-party today. And I need Maya to go undercover,"

"Why me? I'm homicide," Maya asked.

"Because you're our best way in,"

"I am?"

"Apparently these events are pretty exclusive, and when I saw the guest list, I recognized one of the names."

"Oh...don't say it," Maya muttered.

"I guess a lot of high-end club owners are invited,"

"Couldn't you find someone else?"

"I wish we could. But you're also closest to the age of the victim,"

"So not only are you using me for my connection with Lucifer you want me to be the cheese in the mousetrap," Maya reasoned.

"It does sound like the best option," Chloe said.

Maya groaned as she slammed her head against the desk.

***

"Her name's Lindsay Jolson," Maya explained to Lucifer as they walked across the stars of the walk of fame.

"Mm-hmm," Lucifer hummed.

"She's been missing almost three full days,"

"Right, so just ask me one more time,"

Maya closed the folder in a huff "Lucifer, there's a girl missing,"

Lucifer chuckled "Yes, it's just not every day someone tells you to forget the event this morning, then three hours later asks you on a date,"

"It's not a date. It's a work thing. And that kiss was a mistake," Maya hissed.

"Oh," Lucifer nodded.

"And are you gonna help me or not?" Maya quirked an eyebrow "Besides, weren't you in my apartment this morning asking about our next case?"

"All right. But only 'cause it coincides perfectly with my own plan," Lucifer smiled smugly.

"And what plan is that?"

"Well, to have sex with you, of course,"

Maya stopped walking "Wait, you and I...well, there is no you and I. Yes the breakfast was a nice gesture this morning...but that doesn't mean I want to have sex with you,"