Take Me Back to Hell [3]

Maya raised her hands, pocketing her gun. "Easy, Chlo,"

"Where's Lucifer?" Chloe questioned.

"Look, I know you think he's a bad guy, believe me, I did to a majority of my life, but we're simply trying to catch Malcolm. This has nothing to do with you,"

"You know I can't let you do that,"

"You're saying you don't want me to do my job.." Maya nodded to the duffel "Malcolm was here to get money and then he's gonna disappear. For good,"

Chloe lowered her weapon "I'm not here to arrest you nor Lucifer. I know he's innocent. So let's catch this bastard together and put an end to all this,"

Maya turned when Lucifer ran over to them.

Lucifer noticed Chloe "Ah. Look at us, reunited, and it feels so good,"

"How's Amenadiel?" Maya asked.

"Maze is taking care of him,"

"Demon falling for an angel, where have I seen that before?" Maya smirked.

"Well, Meg was an odd one,"

"Says the angel dating a Winchester," Maya smiled.

"Winchester?" Chloe asked.

Maya nodded "Right. Forgot I haven't told you that bit...I'll explain in the car," she stopped when she saw the police enter the brewery. Maya glared at Chloe.

"Right." Lucifer sighed "Very well, Detective. I'm in your hands. But how you intend to prove my innocence is beyond me,"

"Put your hands down," Dan told Lucifer. "We found the evidence we need.

"You did?" Maya scoffed.

"What'd you find?" Chloe wondered.

"It's better if I show you," Dan said.

***

"Why do I feel like I'm walking death row?" Lucifer asked Maya as they stood in the elevator with Dan and Chloe. "Should I order my final meal now to save time?"

"Dan says he has it handled." Maya insisted. She looked over at Chloe's ex "You do, right?"

"I do," Dan nodded as he walked over to the desk sergeant "I'm here to turn myself in,"

Chloe walked up to Dan "What are you doing?"

"I removed a firearm from Evidence lockup," Dan explained "and I gave it to Detective Malcolm Graham. I believe Detective Graham then used that weapon to shoot and kill Jacob Williams, the crime that...Mr. Morningstar is suspected of,"

"Well," Lucifer breathed "Detective Espinoza, I...didn't know you had the stones,"

Dan looked at Maya "No more Detective Douche?"

Maya nodded "Not today, at least,"

"Let's go," The officer told Dan.

"Dan..." Chloe said.

Maya felt her cellphone buzz and noticed the contact name and walked away from Chloe "Hey, Silly Rabbit. Everything okay?"

"Hello, Smith...or is it Winchester, now?"

Maya tensed hearing Malcolm's voice. "Malcolm?

"How's the precinct?"

Maya looked around.

"I still have a few buddies at the stations. Oh, and I made a new friend today, too. Pulled her out of a boring class for some bonding time. Here, say hi,"