Pops [5]

"Okay," Dan said as he knelt down next to Trixie "You get to eat chocolate cake in bed tonight,"

"Why?" Trixie asked.

"Does it matter?"

"Nope," Trixie admitted as she took the cake away.

Maya walked over to Chloe "Yes?"

"So you brought a guy who's suspected of murder by poisoning to cook for my family?" Chloe asked.

"No, I brought Trixie home after Lucifer texted me saying he was already here. And I already gave him the same speech you're giving me right now," Maya said. "So why not have a nice meal whilst we get all the answers we need?"

"I think you've been spending too much time with Lucifer," Chloe noted "because this is not the Maya I know," she walked into the dining room.

"More like this is the original," Maya sighed as she took another gulp of the wine and joined the family at the table.

"I stopped eating meat while backpacking through India," Junior explained as Lucifer helped Maya into her seat, before taking a seat next to her. "So I had to get creative with my dishes. This is my vegetarian take on Oaxacan molé with a tart, vegan crème fraîche,"

"I will eat this...but after this, I'm gonna need a burger," Maya whispered in Lucifer's ear.

"Lovely," Lucifer mused.

"Sounds so exotic," Penny noted. "I cannot wait to dig in,"

"Mom, don't eat that!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Why not?"

"She's worried it might be poisoned." Lucifer admitted as he turned to Maya "I thought you talked to her,"

"Talked to yes. Made her believe me...no," Maya said as she took a bite of the food and groaned in delight "Scratch the burger, holy shit that's good,"

"I brought Junior here tonight because Detective Decker and Detective Smith believe..."

"Believed," Maya corrected.

"That he killed his father," Lucifer continued.

"You do?" Penny asked Chloe.

"What are you doing, man?" Dan questioned Lucifer.

"But I believe he was after something far more foolish." Lucifer continued. "Reconciliation,"

"That's right." Junior said "I didn't kill my dad,"

"Do you have proof?" Chloe asked.

"Just my word,"

"Well, we might need something more than that,"

"Oh, come on, Detective, you said yourself you may want to kill your mother, but you don't do it,"

Maya cleared her throat, to remind Lucifer of the woman sitting on the other side of him.

"Oh, so you want to kill me now?" Penny asked, "Just because I put makeup on your daughteR?"

"No, because she thinks you're a child and forced her to grow up too quickly."

Maya reached for the bottle to top off her drink.

Lucifer looked around the room "Am I wrong?"

"You're way out of line, man," Dan said.

"There he goes leaping to her defense again," Lucifer laughed. "You know perhaps you two are closer to getting back together than I thought,"

"You are?" Penny asked excitedly.