St. Lucifer [4]

Maya stood awkwardly to the side of the party, Lucifer was still upstairs getting ready, and Maze was no where to be found so she had no one to talk to.

"Lucifer!" Dan called out "Where's Lucifer?"

Maya put her drink down and walked over to her partner's ex "Dan? What the hell is going on?!"

"Lucifer Morningstar, where is he?" Dan asked her.

"Upstairs..."

Dan pushed Maya out of the way "Out of the way,"

"Dan?!" Maya quickly followed Dan into the elevator.

"Do you have your gun?" Dan asked as he looked at Maya's dress.

Maya rolled her eyes and took her gun from her garter "Always. Why?"

The elevator door opened and Maya paled.

"Lucifer?!" Maya pushed past Dan and hurried over to the archangel. "No, no, no, no, no."

Dan jumped back when Lucifer gasped awake. "You're alive?"

Maya looked away from Lucifer, not wanting him to see the tears.

"Yes," Lucifer said. "Yes, it would appear that way, wouldn't it?" He looked at Dan "What are you doing here?"

"I came to stop Malcolm..." Dan explained "he's planning to shoot you,"

"Malcolm?!" Maya exclaimed.

"No, no, this wasn't him," Lucifer admitted. "He's taken care of,"

"He is?" Dan asked. "How?"

"Well, I made him an offer that he couldn't...You know the line." Lucifer brought a hand to move Maya's chin so he could see her face "You look terrible, by the way,"

Maya merely pushed him roughly and began hitting his chest "Don't you ever..." she was stopped as Lucifer pulled her in for a kiss. Maya didn't even care that Dan was watching and would more than likely tell Chloe about their involvement.

Lucifer pulled away and wrapped an arm around Maya as he looked at Dan "Well, if you'll excuse me, we've got a charity to attend and a killer to punish," He lead Maya into the elevator "How do I look?"

"Pretty good, actually," Maya smiled.

Lucifer used his thumb to wipe away the remaining tears from Maya's cheeks. "Yes, I thought as much,"

"It was the wife wasn't it?" Maya smirked.

"Yes, yes, you told me so..." Lucifer sighed.

"It's okay..." Maya kissed Lucifer "You can make it up to me later,"

***

"Thank you all so much for your generosity," Vanessa said in front of the crowd. "I would also like to thank our host, Mr. Morningstar. He was going to say a few words, but unfortunately, he's been..."

"Right on time," Lucifer interrupted as he and Maya walked up behind Vanessa. Lucifer had to keep a hold of Maya's hand to ensure she didn't make a move quite yet "How are we all this evening, eh?"

Maya couldn't help but smirk darkly as Vanessa looked at the duo in shock.

Lucifer moved his hand to Maya's back. "Such a well-preserved crowd. Love your work, Dr. Broffman. Tucking marvelous." he chuckled "Right, we're all here to honor Tim Dunlear's legacy and what better way to do that than to reveal his killer?" Lucifer looked at Vanessa "Wouldn't you agree, Mrs. Dunlear? Time to show your friends your true colors. Tell them all your nasty desires,"

"No need." Chloe interrupted "We already have everything," she nodded to Maya.

"She embezzled money from the foundation, and when Tim found out about it, you killed him." Maya continued.

"Ah, see?" Lucifer smiled. "Told you she'd figure it out,"

Vanessa scoffed "You have no proof,"

Mr. Flemin held up papers "Actually, we do,"

"We have proof of the embezzlement," Chloe said "and that's enough for probable cause,"

"Vanessa..." Lucifer started.

"I earned that money." Vanessa claimed "I supported him when he left pro ball. I let him sleep with my assistant,"

"Oh,"

"That money should go to me, not those kids. Tim was going to ruin everything. I had to,"

"Now, doesn't that feel better? Huh?"

Chloe walked up behind Vanessa to handcuff her. "Vanessa Dunlear, you're under arrest for the murder of Tim Dunlear,"

Lucifer rubbed Maya's back as she leaned into him. "There it is again, that rush,"

***

Maya looked through the peephole of her apartment door when she heard rapid knocking. She smiled and opened the door for Lucifer.

"May I come in?" Lucifer asked.

"Who? St. Lucifer or the Devil?" Maya teased.

Lucifer chuckled "Yes, rest assured, St. lucifer's retired.

Maya let Lucifer in "Really? 'Cause I just got a text from Kyle saying that someone gave money to Emmett Toussaint's scholarship fund, enough for a full ride. An anonymous donor,"

"Well, good for Emmett. Glad it worked out,"

"Mm-hmm." Maya bit her lip.

"Listen, Winchester, I..."

"I want..." Maya realized they spoke at the same time. "Oh,"

"Sorry. No, you,"

"I've been thinking a lot about the other night, why I showed up to your place, and I think us, our thing, maybe it goes beyond just work. Or sex." Maya cleared her throat "Anhow, I, uh, I just...I can let my guard down with you. I don't do that with anyone else, not since my brothers...not since Cas. You make me vulnerable. And...maybe that's okay,"

"Winchester..." Lucifer looked at his hand and placed it back behind his back. "...if it's any consolation to your pride...it appears you make me vulnerable, too,"