Et Tu, Doctor?

"You said drinks with a few friends," Chloe chastised Maya as they moved through the maze that was Lucifer's club.

"What did you expect? It's Lucifer," Maya laughed as she saw Lucifer.

Chloe nodded and held out her birthday present for Lucifer "We brought you a birthday gift,"

Lucifer quirked an eyebrow as he looked over at Maya "Is the royal we?"

Maya merely gave him a knowing smile.

"Whiskey with a pickle juice chaser," Chloe explained "It's our station's birthday tradition." she poured it into three shot glasses.

"Lovely! How can I refuse?" Lucifer asked as he looked over at Maya "Can I refuse?"

"Of course you can. And we'll always think less of you,"

Maya smirked as she raised her shot glass "Here's to another trip around the sun,"

"Cheers," Lucifer said as he clinked his shot glass with hers.

Maya smirked as Lucifer gulped it down "It's not bad, is it?"

"Briny! Let's find Maze. She needs to try this bizarre concoction. She loves a salty aftertaste,"

"Not for me." Chloe said "I'm just stopping by. I have a department thing to go to. Some of us work for a living,"

"I work with you and I'm not going," Maya pointed out.

"Come on," Lucifer pouted "the party's barely started,"

"Happy birthday, Lucifer," Chloe said as she hugged Lucifer and left.

Maya picked up the whiskey pickle juice "So, we gonna go find Maze or..." she smirked as she got close to Lucifer and wrapped her arms around his neck "do you want to find a closet somewhere and play 7 minutes of heaven,"

Lucifer chuckled "You mock me, Winchester. What makes you think I want to play a kissing game?"

Maya smirked as she moved away and grabbed the Whiskey and began to walk away "Who said it had to be kissing?"

***

"Oh, dear!" Lucifer said as he noted the dead body at the scene "Someone's session went poorly,"

"Mm." Chloe hummed as she Maya entered the room "Thanks for gracing us with your presence,"

"Yes, I had a previous engagement," Lucifer's eyes lingered on Maya as she quickly looked away.

"Dr. Bernie Shaw." Maya said as she cleared her throat "Killed last night. No forced entry. Killer most likely knew the vic. The weapon was improvised. Seems like a crime of passion,"

"Reminds me of another form of passion," Lucifer teased.

Maya handed over a tablet, hitting him in the chest "Let's just focus on the case, shall we?"

"Well, I will, once it's interesting," Lucifer sighed distastefully until he looked down at the tabloid featured on the screen "Oh! Hello. It's interesting...The Cheater Therapist,"

"Yeah, he encouraged couples to cheat to save their marriages," Chloe said. "You can imagine how many people want to kill him,"

"I can't, actually. Sounds like a great idea,"

Maya rolled her eyes "You don't save a marriage by sleeping with other people,"

"It can't hurt to try,"

"Pretty sure it can," Maya walked past Lucifer and into the other room where the widow was. "That's the wife Alexandra. She was out of town and just got back to find her husband dead. Poor woman,"

Lucifer handed the tablet back to Maya "Excuse me! Your husband was the Cheater Therapist,"

"Hey, I'm not sure who you are, but this is not the time for judgment," A man scolded Lucifer.

"What? No judgment here, Tissue Lad. I think her husband's work was bang on!"

Maya held out her hand to the man "I'm Detective Smith, this is Detective Becker. This is my associate, Mr. Morningstar,"

"Yeah, yeah," Lucifer waved off.

"Jonathan Medina," The man introduced himself. "Colleague of Dr. Shaw's,"

"Desire shouldn't be contained..." Lucifer told Alexandra "it's unnatural. Your husband recognized that,"

"Bernie, he-he just wanted to help people," Alexandra said. "He dedicated his life to others. Who would do this?"

"We'll find out, Mrs. Shaw," Chloe said.

Maya nudged Lucifer and nodded for them to take their leave. "Every one of her husband's patients is a suspect," She told Chloe.

"Oh! Does that mean we get to dive into patient files?" Lucifer wondered. "Read the deepest, darkest secrets of LA's most unfaithful?"

"No," Chloe negated "we can't look at them without a psychologist to protect patient confidentiality,"

"Perfect! I have just the psychologist! Dr. Linda Martin, from our first investigation together,"

"The one that wanted to jump your bones?" Maya questioned.

"Yeah,"

"No. Not happening,"

"No, I really think she'd bring some impressive insight into the issues that you're dealing with,"

Maya raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, in the case,"

"I really don't." Chloe argued "Plus, it's out of our hands. Court-appointed. A judge needs to sign off," she walked off and Maya glanced over at Lucifer and recognized the glimmer in his eyes, and took her leave as well.

"Where are you going?" Lucifer asked.

"Leaving so I can't be held liable for whatever you've got planned,"

"Safe choice," Lucifer nodded.