forty four

CHAPTER FORTY FOURI'M TOO TIRED

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
I'M TOO TIRED

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Antares stood with her hands over her knees as she buckled over, her breath coming out ragged as sweet dropped down her temple

Antares stood with her hands over her knees as she buckled over, her breath coming out ragged as sweet dropped down her temple. For a spiritual realm, she sure did sweat a lot. "You're faltering."

"Yeah, no shit." Antares spat at the foot of the boy -more like a man- before her. The Phoenix force had decided to inhabit another one of its victims who had black curly hair, and a goatee. His blue eyes were piercing but smile was goofy. There was an air of familiarity of the man child before her that brought her more comfort than the red haired bombshell.

"Try harder."

"No, please." She laughed out with a croak, "Just give me a break. It's been -what- months?"

"It's barley even been a week in your Earthly years." The Phoenix force scoffed, crossing their arms as their piercing blue eyes burned a girl through the poor girls head as she felt tears prick to her eyes.

A week.

It's only been a week.

"Ugh!" She screamed, kicking the air before screaming louder and louder into the empty space, her voice echoing across the vast amber gold of the blank sky. Her voice coming more croaked the harder she used it, throat burning. And then she fell to the ground as tears streamed down her cheeks. "It can't have been a week." She managed to whisper.

All through the girls temper tantrum (one of many she had been having over the time) the Phoenix Force knew that the human brain could only last so long in solitary, especially when time just seemed to drag within the Soul Stone. Though, there was no sympathy. The faster the Phoenix Force was able to train the girl, the faster it would be able to take over her body and use her vessel for itself.

"You're quite the drama queen." The masculine voice laughed through her ears. Antares looked up to see the man crouched down at her side, his head shading her from the ghastly orange glow that never went away.