nine

CHAPTER NINEFEELINGS OF REGRET

CHAPTER NINE
FEELINGS OF REGRET

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

"Look, whatever bad dream you had, it needs to wait

"Look, whatever bad dream you had, it needs to wait. You don't want to disappoint the grand mater, do you?" 

Antares sent a glare the man's way before pulling her arm away from his grasp, her heart ever racing. She moved further into the room, taking a seat on the smaller couch to regain her breath. She took a long look at the dress. Antares only wished that her brother could be with her to see her in all these beautiful gowns, perhaps if he was here she'd be able to share a dance with him as he too would've been dressed up, he was only fourteen when she had to say goodbye only about two years ago, the memory now fresh in her mind.

When he was shot, he was in critical condition. Unlike Pietro, he didn't die straight away, instead, he was hooked to life support for a little over a year before the doctors informed her that there was nothing left to do for him, his brain cells were shut off and he'd never wake up. She had to say her goodbyes.

Antares, let out a sigh before she slowly stood and picked up the dress before walking to the bathroom, not catching Loki's sympathetic look as he watched her. The girl slowly got dressed, placing on her jewlery and the makeup found within the cabenents. She had to experiment with the bright colours to try and make them go into a darker more natural colour.

A knock was heard from the front door and after some mumbling, she heard Loki's voice just outside the door, "The Grandmaster is expecting our presence."

"How formal." She muttered out in annoyance, catching Loki's chuckled as she walked to the door, fully dressed and ready to go. The dark haired male looked her up and down and it was only now that she realised that he had even fixed his hair for tonight. She smiled at his long locks knowing, just like Thor, he'd never cut off his precious hair.

They made their way down towards the grand hall before being seated in two chairs next to each other near the head of the table, Antares next to the head where the Grandmaster sat while Loki sat to her left who seemed to keep looking at her from the corner of his eye as he leaned over her to speak to the Grandmaster.