fifty five

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVETO WIN IS TO LOSE

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
TO WIN IS TO LOSE

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

They won but at what cost? Their red and white suits dissipated and revealed their suits below

They won but at what cost? Their red and white suits dissipated and revealed their suits below. Clint and Atanres still held hands, remaining wet and shaken.

"Did we get 'em all?" Banner asked, looking around.

"Are you telling me this worked?" Rhodes laughed, holding a sphere.

A loud bang sounded as the two friends fell upon the stage. Antares whole body shaking with Agony as the tears freely fell from her eyes. A sob was racking up her body as she covered her mouth with her spare hand.

"Antares?" Loki's voice was panicked as he noticed the missing redhead.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Banner asked, which only causing a louder sob from Antares. No one spoke as tears threatened to spill from Clint. Banner kneeling to the floor and punching the ground as they realised they lost her.

Kendal and Renaé watched, holding one another close, and all they could do was give them this moment of sorrow when they were supposed to be celebrating.

Antares was inconsolable as the group moved onto the doc, taking a moment to mourn the loss of a friend, of a loved one. Loki had felt himself intruding but knew that Antares needed as much support as possible at that moment. It wasn't fair that both Antares and Natasha had to lose each other. It wasn't fair that only Natasha had the opportunity to see her come back.

She sat with her legs dangling over the edge of the pier, her legs submerged up to her knee in cold water. Loki watched as it sizzled around her skin, steam coming from the lake as her body was hot to the touch. He worried for her, especially when she had turned to him with fire in her eyes. She was in no state to fight the Phoenix force anymore.

"Do we know if she had a family?" Tony asked. Antares scoffed, laughing at her reflection in the lake.

"Can you hear yourself?" She asked without turning away. Tony and Steve shared a look behind her back as Thor watched on. It wasn't fair that Antares had lost her closest friend.