chapter twelve

it was the big night, them going to mrs.crain's house to get back what was stolen from them. every one of them was anxious, they didn't exactly know what was going to happen and it bothered them all. kiara tried to avoid jj as much as possible, but they were a team because john b made them one, so it wasn't the easiest to avoid him.

they approached mrs.crain's house which still looked like it came out of a horror movie, " are you guys ready? " john b stopped and looked at them all, everyone slowly nod and john b lead them in, " you stay here. " he said to pope, who was in charge of staying in watch. pope nod to them with a smile, " good luck, stay safe. "

jj and kiara separated from the others as they got into the house from another door, their job was to look through the second floor. they quietly opened the back door and went in, kie froze. it was still the most scariest place kie has set her foot into. she had some traumatic memories from the last time since mrs.crain almost killed her. it made her anxious being there at all.

" kie? " jj whispered and continued, " kie, are you okay? " he was genuinely worried which made kie's heart warmer, " yes, thank you. just last time she almost killed me, i don't know, a little traumatizing you know. " she smiled, jj gave her a soft nod, " i won't let anything happen to you. "

they tried to go quietly as possible to second floor, but the stairs were so old and squeaky that it was impossible to be totally quiet. the second floor was like a murder scene, it was bloody and dusty, maybe all those stories weren't that made up. kie shivered as she saw it all, " what the fuck " she whispered softly, jj slowly nod with her.

they went in the room in left, it looked disgusting and there was no signs of gold, kie started leaving as jj said, " wait, there is a room back there. " kie quickly turned around and saw in the dark an entrance, it looked like it came out of horror film. she started shaking as they started slowly moving closer to it, every squeak felt like mrs.crain will jump out with an axe and murder them.

something moved next to them and kie flinched. she took jj's hand as a comfort without even noticing it at first. she locked their hands and didn't let go since it felt safer than ever. they were in front of the entrance as they looked at each other with hesitation, there could be anything behind the entrance, there could be gold, dead bodies, some new leads, who knows what. kiara slowly nod at jj as she squeezed his hand even stronger, they went through the entrance to see a lot of blankets on the ground. kiara didn't let go of jj, she only held stronger on as she squatted down and pulled the blankets off,

the gold.

" jj, please tell me you see the same as me?! " she whisper-screamed and looked back at jj, jj whimpered slowly " i- if you see the gold. we see the same thing. " both of them smiled in happiness as kiara started texting them,

guys, we did it, second floor and door in the left.

her hand was shaking while the other one was still locked with jj's hand. she put her phone away and looked at him, " we did it. " jj was still in the biggest shock but smiled as she whisper-screamed, " we did it! " and pulled her into a hug.

they removed themselves from each other as they heard steps, " guys? " they heard sarah, kiara ran out fast as she looked at her, her eyes were all teared up and one eye was blue, like she was hit by someone or something, she was shaking real bad and most importantly she was alone, no sign of john b, " what is going on sarah? are you okay? where is john b? "

" s-someone attacked us, " the blonde girl stuttered as she was crying real bad, kiara was shocked as she looked at jj with the what the fuck look, jj returned her the same look. kiara quickly ran to hug the girl and she tried to calm her down.

" this is gonna hear incredibly selfish but i think we should get the gold out, because what ever happens to john b, if we leave this gold we'll never find it again, " jj was bad finding the right words, but girls understood what he meant and they started loading up their backpacks.

they got it all since sarah had john b's pack too and they ran to pope, they knew they had to leave john b until they get gold back and then come back to him, because john b would never forgive them if they'd leave the gold. they all were shaken up as they put their packs in the bus. pope didn't understand exactly what had happened but john b was gone and they had to get the gold in the chateau or this all would be just for nothing.

pope was the one driving while jj and kie smoked weed to calm down, sarah tried to sleep or take a nap, or whatever it was that she was doing.

as they arrived the chateau, the door was wide open, " guys why is the door wide open, we did not leave it like that. " pope stopped the bus and all of them quickly looked at the door.

" we leave our heavy bags here, in the hiding spot and we go check up, okay? " kiara looked back at them and all of them gave her an unsure nod. they put their bags under the seat and they got out the bus. they ran in and started investigating. living room and kitchen were empty, so was the bedroom.

jj noticed something, " there, " jj whispered to the others as he pointed at the big john's room. the door was wide open, but no one had gone in there for like two weeks, it was suspicious as heck. they slowly went one by one in,

" oh my god. "

i am SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR 3 DAYS I FEEL SO BAD IM SO SORRY!!!!!!!!! i hope you liked this chapter and again, i'm so sorry!
all love,
kata!!