chapter one

let's start from the beginning

jj's dad has always been violent, when he was a little boy, his dad wasn't violent on him, he was violent on his mother but when jj was six, his mother left without taking her own son with her, she just left, leaving her son with a uncontrollable father, god knows why.

that's when it all started, he was just six years old, he didn't do anything wrong, maybe a cup fell out of his hands, but it was nothing, but the payback he got was horrible. hours of punching, kicking, he was just a little boy, he thought it was normal so he just stayed quiet. as time passed, it went crazier, he was his punching bag and sometimes he couldn't move for hours, everything sore and aching. he couldn't hide his bruises behind clothes anymore, so it was time for dumb lies. " i fell " " dumb party fight " and things like that and they ate his lies, no one suspected anything, it's funny how blindsided people are.

the first one to know was john b, he accidentally walked on when jj's dad was beating him up, his ears started ringing every lie that jj had told them came to his mind and he felt guilty, but in the moment he couldn't move, he just saw how his best friend was suffering. in the end he just kicked his dad off of him, pulled jj up and they ran. the same night jj threatened john b, so he wouldn't say anything to anyone. he was so humiliated, but it felt good to finally tell someone about it. next one to know was kiara.

kiara was just on her way to pick him up, when she arrived her she witnessed something unexpected. weak jj on the grass, his dad on top of him, beating him up like a boxing bag. it was terrifying, seeing jj in a state like this, something she never had witnessed before, but she was quick to think

" get off of him " she screamed as she got out of the car, holding up a bat. jj's dad quickly got off of him and ran back to his house. girl dropped her bat and ran to her best friend. " i am so sorry " she mumbled as she helped him up. " hey it's not your fault, and it's fine, forget about it. " he chuckled to her. kie argued for the entire night with him, trying to explain him that it is not okay and that's how pope found out too, kie was too loud, easily said she was traumatized.

present day.

it was the same night as sarah and john b disappeared. we lost them words were like a reality bell ringing, reminding them that it was reality and there was no way they would've passed the storm. storm was on the island as well, wind flying out newspapers and rain making everything wet. jj was not excited getting back home, he knew exactly what was going to happen.

" you dumb teenager stole my keys, where are they, huh? " he growled at jj as soon as he arrived back. it didn't scare him, not anymore, he was already dead inside. words we lost them killing his soul faster than anything else in this world.

" look- john b needed it. " he mumbled to him as he tried to walk past him to his room, but his dad had other plans.

he felt how his dad grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him back. " where do you think you're young boy, you have to pay for this. " he just smirked as he shoved jj on the ground. he got on him and just started punching him in the face, body, where ever he wanted, leaving bruises everywhere, but jj enjoyed it, he thought he deserved it and he didn't really feel anything, but he tasted blood which made him smirk, knowing here he'll die and it was okay with him. it all felt like slow motion, his dad non stop punching started slowing down and he felt how his dad pulled him up by his shirt and pinned him against a wall, his dad's hands found his neck and next thing he knew, breathing wasn't an option. he lifted him up, which made him even more weaker.

but randomly kie entered his mind and he knew it was for a reason. he couldn't die right now, he couldn't do it to her, kie obviously seemed like a strong person, but she couldn't ever live with her three friends dying in one day. so with his last strength, he kicked his dad in the face, took his backpack and stormed out.

it was pouring, wind was really strong, weather just was terrible which made his brusies ache, but he tried to ignore that. he just ran, soon he was standing in front of a gorgeous house, a kook's house. it was kie's, her parents were kooks, but she never fit in, but with pogues she felt like herself, she just was like that and no one complained, she was a perfect match for them.

he slowly walked to kie's window and peaked in. dark haired girl was resting on her bed, shaking, she was hugging her legs, head buried in them, it was heartbreaking. jj quietly knocked on the window and she flinched, but relaxed as soon she saw who was behind her window. she ran to open it and she helped him in.

" jj, what are you doing her- " she stopped as she saw him, whole body covered in bruises, blood dripping, some places red, some blue, she covered her mouth with her hands, eyes slowly filling with tears, it was devastating, traumatizing. " i am so, so sorry. " she kept repeating as her eyes analyzed his body, which reminded him when kie found out. jj couldn't keep it in long and soon he broke down. they sat on her bed and jj just cried. kie hugged him and the boy just cried, kie too, it has been a hard month.

few hours passed and they finally decided to go to sleep.

" please stay quiet while i'll go brush my teeth, my parents can't wake up. " kie whispered as she walked out of the room, leaving jj completely alone with his thoughts.

when kie got back, she found jj being totally clueless where to settle, kie slowly walked next to him and snuggled her fingers to his and locked them, she lead him onto her bed and covered them with a blanket.

there was no touching, but they had locked their eyes, just gazing at each other, minds full of thoughts. it felt different, but nice. they've never been like this before, but both of them enjoyed it.

" good night, jj "

" sweet dreams, kie "

a/n! honestly? idk it wasn't what i wanted to have but it's alright i can work with it! thank you sm for reading, idk when the next chapter will b ready but im trying my best! all love,
kata!