Chapter 18. Loving in Dark Shades

Joe's POV:

It was like a wave of wind which knocked me off my feet. But it was actually Taylor. I was lying on the porch with her on top of me. I wasn't ready for her unexpected tackle or I would have caught her before we both fell backwards.

"Joe!" She exclaimed in that sweet and heartbreaking voice. She had her face in my shoulder and her arms wrapped around me like a blanket. I sat up and buried my face in her soft blonde hair. God I missed her!

"Baby..." I held her close, kissing her head every now and then. It felt like heaven to finally unite with her. I felt her rushed heart beat against me so fast. And I knew mine paced the same way as hers right now.

We finally pulled back a little to look at each other's faces. She had a sad but happy smile on her face and she was more beautiful than I imagined her in my head. Her eyes had that sparkle in them every time she looked at me. I prayed that sparkle never goes away.

"Missed me?" I teased with a happy smile.

I saw her smile widely at my British accent that she always loved.

"Just a little." She said and we both leaned in for a kiss when an alarming voice ringed in my head that we were still lying on the porch for our security guards to see at the front gates.

"I think we should get off the porch now." I chuckled and she nodded realizing it too. She scooted off a little and we both got on our feet and went into the house. I closed and locked the door behind me.

"How di-" I grabbed her face with my both hands and slammed my lips against her. Every ounce of my body craved her. She got stopped in the middle of her words and slowly melted into our heated kiss. It was heaven at its utmost peak at 7 in the morning. I felt her chest heave up and down trying to catch her breath. I wasn't going to back away until I fully tasted the lips I had been craving for so long.

I slowly disconnected our lips just so we don't die from the lake of oxygen. We still had our foreheads against each other and I took in her every emotion that flashed before her eyes. I couldn't get enough of her. I was obsessed with her.

"Good morning..." I breathlessly greeted her and saw her smile brightly at my words.

"What a nice surprise..." She breathlessly replied back. I snaked my arms fully around her back, engulfing her in them so she can't escape anywhere. She didn't know how her every little breath gave me life. How every one of her heart beats gave peace to my soul. She was life.

I kissed her forehead, then her cheeks, then her chin and the tip of her cute nose until she was blushing bright red. She wiggled in my arms and I tightened them around her. She wasn't going anywhere far from me now.

"Joe I just woke up. I need to brush." She gave an excuse so I'll loosen up my arms.

"You think I care?" I said raising my eyebrows. It was so nice having small talk with her again. Her voice soothed my senses.

"I do." She said.

"I don't." I replied.

"Joe..."

"Taylor..."

She tried to give me her reputation look but it ain't working at 7 in the morning with that messy hair and puffy eyes. Instead of backing away I kissed her again.

"Joe!" She tried to resist half-heartedly but I knew she wanted me just as bad. We both leaned in and kissed deeply. I finally felt alive and my heart somehow grew wings as I held her near me.

We broke the kiss off when we heard the sound of a bird coming from a very fluffy cat.

Benjamin Button.