Chapter 5. Family and Coffee

Taylor's POV:

I was puzzled, complexed and curious. His behavior was not at all, what I imagined it would be after the fight we had last night. But I was not disappointed either. He seemed like he was okay and fine with whatever the fight turned out to be. I was too. Well Lauren wasn't in my life anymore because I ended things with him when I went outside in the car. It wasn't the most wise thing to do it at about two am in the morning but hey, my life evolved around two ams so I wasn't surprised. I just hope he's not too worried though.

But what I was surprised about was my boyfriend, staring into the closet with his back turned to me, rummaging through the clothes trying to find God knows what.

"Joe." I said. I loved saying his name. I don't know why but I did. I tried to gain his attention yet again. But Joe being Joe, refused to look at me and I knew exactly why.

I saw him give up on finding me comfortable clothes and grab his over-sized grey T-shirt and pajamas from the bottom drawer and headed back to me. He dared not to look in my eyes because he knew what he'll find.

I stayed quiet and saw him do his work skillfully. He rolled up the T-shirt putting his hands around the hem and grabbing it from both sides, he spoke "Arms up."

My breath caught in my throat and my body tightened. But I tried to keep my composure and obliged. He put the sleeves down my arms and his knuckles touched the tender parts of me as he rolled it down my body. My breath was coming out in heaps now, and I looked anywhere but his face. He then removed the rest of the blanket as he put my feet in the pajamas one at a time, then he rolled them up to my bottom and lying on the bed I lifted my back a little so he could easily roll the pajamas up to my hips.

When he was done with his handy work, he gave me a small kiss on my forehead, and I somewhat stared at him angrily.

"So you'll talk to me now, that I'm dressed?" I sarcastically asked and I saw his dimples appear on the sides of his cheeks as he smiled.

"I believe so yes." He replied in his very British endeavor.

"Well, I don't want to anymore." I played hard to get.

"Suit yourself. Andrea is already waiting downstairs for us, so we better get going." He wasn't bothered in the least. He seemed like he was just happy that I was fine and breathing. Well now I know what sitting outside in the cold for too long does to you...

I swung my legs from the bed and onto the ground when I saw that I didn't have any slippers to wear.

"Where are my foxy slippers?" I asked. I loved my foxy slippers, they were the most comfortable slippers you could find on this earth I think. And I always wore them except when I was outside or doing something more elegant which needed me to wear proper ladylike shoes. I remember I had them on when I went outside last night.

Joe looked perplexed for a second then a sudden realization came on his face. "I think they fell off of your feet when I was carrying you inside the house." He replied. " I'll go get them for you but they would be frozen and wet by now." He explained.

I nodded my head in response and he went outside the room to fetch my slippers. I went bare feet to the walk in closet and stared at the stack of shoes I had. Mostly high heels and long boots covered the whole stack but I did have some comfortable pairs too that I wore inside the house. I chose the fuzzy snowy ones that had little ice creams on them. They were my second favorite. I wore them and sat back on the bed waiting for Joe. I knew Andrea would have a lot of questions for the both of us and I didn't want to face her alone right now.

I waited around 7 or 8 minutes until Joe came back with my frozen foxy slippers.

"Took you long enough." It doesn't take that long to grab shoes right outside from the porch. I knew I was suspicious but It was my nature.