Chapter 12. "Why So Blue?"

Joe's POV :

I played with Taylor's hair. Twirling my fingers in the back of her head as Pat paraded towards the door to open it. I couldn't care less about who was at the door right now because I got everything I needed right here with me.

She came out of nowhere in the afternoon to surprise me and my family and it was the best surprise I have ever gotten in my life. I was missing her terribly and thinking about what I would do without her when I'm off shooting my upcoming movie. I hated to be that far away from her. But I knew I'll always come back and she'll always be there for me and that was everything.

Taylor's attention was glued to the door as Pat opened it and I was busy admiring her beautiful features. She looked incredibly adorable and cuddly in winter clothes, especially with that brown beanie. I wanted to kiss her so bad but she had already refused to kiss me once. I knew she was not the PDA type especially because we both decided to keep our relationship private but I didn't know she hesitates to kiss me even in front of my family. It wasn't like the paparazzi were photographing us right now. I hated those bloody assholes. I decided to ask me about it when we get home.

"Patrick! Hey! How are you?!" I heard Patricia high pitched voice coming from the front door. Is this some kind of surprise day? People are showing up unannounced. Not that I'm complaining because Taylor was here with me. But I wasn't so thrilled about Patricia.

I did owe her an apology because she was mad at me for ignoring her calls and texts. I couldn't tell her about the fight between Taylor and I and how worried I have been for the past week. But I did mention that things weren't going so well because I didn't know what else to say regarding me and Taylor's situation. And ever since then she has been nagging me to tell her everything. I started to ignore some of her calls and messages because I was getting annoyed.

I saw her hug Patrick and step inside the living room after taking off her coat. "Hey everyone!" She greeted and I saw her eyes widen when she realized who I was sitting with. "Taylor you're here as well!!!" She chirped and I saw Taylor give a small smile in return.

"What a coincidence." Taylor said as Patricia hugged her then sat down beside her on the sofa.

"You came a little too late Patty, we have already eaten all of the food." Patrick announced as he sat back down beside Tom.

My mom chuckled as she said, "No we still have a lot of leftovers. I'll warm them up for you." She said getting up.

"No no Liz. That won't be necessary I already ate lunch with Mark today." Patricia replied when she saw my mom standing up.

"How is Mark by the way? He never actually visits us." My dad asked. Mark was Patricia's boyfriend. They have been dating for almost a year now. She claims she is deeply in love with him.

"He's amazing. He's just a little bit reserved. I'll force him to come next time." She promised. Mark really was a very reserved guy. I only met him four to five times and heard him speak only twice.

"Ha! Unlike you." Tom teased. He was right, Patricia was the complete opposite of Mark. I had known her since school days and she never once backed away from anything. She always said that she loved challenges. The more complex the better. I was surprised of how she was dating Mark. They were polar opposites. Maybe she sees him as a challenge too.

"Tom mentioned that you were going to leave soon for your shooting." She addressed me.

"Yeah 7 December. I would be constantly on set after that." I said. I was excited about playing a major role in the movie after my last main role in Billy Lynn Long Halftime Walk movie. But with major roles comes consequences and that was being away from my family and especially my love. I looked at Taylor and she was staring down at her hands in her lap.