•》Chapter XIII: "First Love" - Part1《•

Start from the beginning

Per witnessed the joy of Indian music. She was very delighted. Mohan was not disappponted while seeing her happy expression all through the show. Her smile was so captivating. He would look at her every now and then.

《••○••••••◇••••••○••》

While waiting for Per, Claire told Ark about what happened to her last night.

"Does it hurt now?" he asked.

"No" she answered.

"What did you feel exactly?" he asked.

"I also can't explain it. It was a different kind of pain." she answered.

"If it's not an ordinary physical injury, then it could be something worse." he guessed.

"You're using your right hand when calling your weapon. Do you think it could be that?" Zach asked.

Claire thought of it. Then, she looked at her right palm.

"There's only one way to find out." she told them.

《••○••••••◇••••••○••》

When the show is over, Per and Mohan headed out and ate in a fancy restaurant. That moment, Per tried to trace her real feelings.

She knew she likes being with him. She feels happy with his company, but aside from the happiness she has inside, she could not find more.

Then, she remembered what Claire said to her, that happiness is part of love. While trying to understand it, she became more confused.

"Is there's something on my face?" Mohan asked when he noticed her staring at him.

"Uh... um... no, I just realized you're a handsome guy. You should try to find another woman in your life." she answered unmindfully.

She was out of alibi, so she ended up saying those words. Mohan tittered.

"Really? You think I'm handsome?" he asked.

"Stop being so in denial." she told him.

Mohan held his laughter and smiled instead.

《••○••••••◇••••••○••》

Zach and Ark removed all the chairs and tables in the open pool inside their room to give enough space for Claire.

"Are you sure about this?" Zach asked her before she start. He sounded worried.

"I have to know. I can't let it happen in a wrong place or in wrong time. Don't worry. I'll be careful." she answered.

"Just don't push yourself too much if you can't." he told her.

She nodded.

Then, she went on the other side of the pool and began to move her right arm. She closed her eyes and slowly opened the portal.

The moment the pointed tip of the blade came out, a sudden strong volt escaped and hit the glass wall of the room. It burned and shattered into pieces.

Claire drew back and quickly ceased the portal, but the dark power inside continued to escape.

While trying to close her fingers, another volt struck on the floor near Ark and Zach's position. She panicked.

She could see Zach calling her, but the sound from her raging hand made her unable to hear anything.

She felt terribly scared for their safety, so she dove into the water. She held her right wrist tight with her other hand and released a pulling strength from her body.

While the water is moving harshly in different directions, Ark kept his hold on Zach who's trying to get into the pool.

Then suddenly, it stopped. The water calmed down.

Zach waited for Claire to appear, but when he noticed she's not moving under, he dove down without second thoughts.

He found her struggling to lift her body. He quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her up to the surface.

When she finally inhaled air, she gasped and coughed several times after being submerged in the water for almost ten minutes.

Zach lifted her and took her on a chair.

"You okay?" he asked. Worries were all over his face.

Claire looked at him with her frightened expression.

"They will come here." she said in a low-bothered tone while still breathing heavy.

Both Zach and Ark knew what she mean.

To be continued...

(Don't forget to tap the STAR/VOTE icon after you read, might as well leave a COMMENT of your reactions, questions, suggestions or compliments about this part of the story.)

*****THANK YOU FOR READING*****