chapter IX - golden eyes

-Sebastian's POV-

"As soon as she arrives and makes a deal with me, we'll take off your collar." I told the brown-haired beta. She was sitting on the floor, glaring at the wall, never taking her eyes off it.

"My Alpha shall take this collar off of me and she'll be the one who takes your head off your shoulders." She managed to say, gritting every word through her teeth. Despite the silver collar around her neck, she managed to put every ounce of her strength into her words.

"I always get what I want." I said. "And I want your Alpha." I growled lowly. I stood up and headed to the door.

"Good luck with that." she chuckled sarcastically. I ignored her.  I wasn't afraid of what is to come. My wolf wanted her, and I needed her to be my Luna, for my pack to be stronger with both their Alpha and Luna together as one. This wasn't just a 'want', she was a necessity to my wolf, an essential being for my wolf to feel complete.

I gave orders to Hunter to guard her throughout the night if anything happens or when she comes. Once Malcolm and four other of my boys were out of the small house, I informed them of what is to come.

"Everyone should stay alert, guard the borders, search for any passing wolf in the perimeter." I ordered.

"She's gonna come for her and we need to be ready." I added. They nodded and separated ways to go to their assigned locations.

I started heading north into the woods when the same familiar scent filled my nose.

'She's already here, get back to her beta, NOW.' I instantly mindlinked my men.

I followed the vague yet sweet fragrance of her, my wolf was already whining and howling at the thought of her nearby. Still, I had to be cautious of my surroundings. I knew I could get more than just a push across the room.

The woods were dark yet this was my land, I knew every part and corner of every tree. The scent was getting stronger and stronger, but it wasn't leading me directly on the ground.

She was in the trees.

I lifted my body off the ground and jumped on a branch that situated a few feet above me. Launching myself from one branch to another, the scent was at its peak. She was already close.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted an unfamiliar object. Changing direction, I swiftly launched myself into the darkness of the woods and landed to the source of the scent. It dawned onto me that it wasn't her. But, it was her clothes, bathe with the scent of her as I lifted it near my nostrils.

This was a distraction.

My neck turned to the direction of my packhouse. Then I heard Malcolm through our mindlink.

'Alpha' he called out weakly. 'Sh-She's here.' He groaned.

In an instant, I hurried back to the prison cell. Her scent washed over me as I entered the door. Five of my men were down on the floor in, but they didn't reeked of blood. They seemed to be in dazed from an attack.

"Oh they could've gotten even worst than that." A familiar voice quietly called out. A set of golden eyes glowed in the darkness of the prison cell. She stepped into the light, with a silver knife at the neck of my beta, Malcolm and the silver collar hanging in other hand. Her eyes were stormy, her black wavy hair was all around her as she was seething with anger.

Not only was she radiating off anger, but I couldn't deny the strong and powerful presence she had in this room.

The odd thing was, werewolve's eyes never glowed gold in human form but it only changes color when we shift. But hers was shining, radiating with anger, that I feel its aura in the atmosphere.

She was something else.

'You shoud've seen her, Alpha. She took them down... It was quick.' Malcolm told me through our mindlink.

Reyna surfaced behind her from the dark, the silver collar wasn't around her neck anymore and she was giving me the same glare her Alpha was making but with a small smirk in her lips.

"How does the old saying go? An eye for an eye?" She raised her eyebrows. Her eyes narrowed and her voice were laced with resentment.

"A beta for a beta?" She hissed, as she placed the sharp edge of her knife closely into the skin Malcolm's skin.

There were many times my pack was threatened and this was just a small speck of a problem. Standing infront was my mate, a little persuasion and negotiation will solved this problem.

"If that knife breaks the skin of my beta, war will happen between us and you don't want that, considering my large pack of warriors." I cautiously explained.

"Fuck your pack population, I could wipe them into extinction." She spatted without hesitation.

"War has already happened when you kidnapped my beta." She snarled.

"Do you really think war is always the answer?" I countered. She was silent. So I continued.

"I wasn't planning on starting one." I replied. "I just wanted to see you." I simply said. Her expression seemed to waver for a second then her eyebrows furrowed. She released Malcolm, throwing him flat on the floor with a thud and rushes over to me.

Her hands gripped the collar of my shirt as I was pinned against the wall. At the point of contact, sparks started erupting as her fingers touched my skin and I knew she also felt it. Her face was a few inches from mine. Her breathing was rapid and shallow and I felt the hot air against my neck,making my wolf go all crazy inside, asking me to mark her already.

"This isn't child's play that you can just take my beta as bait to get to me," She growled, as I was slowly being lifted from the floor with her grip tightening.

"Child's play or not, I'll do anything to make you mine."

At that moment, I wasn't intimidated nor afraid of this woman infront of me. I was, instead, in awe at the sight of her.

We locked eyes for a few moments, her glare was threatening yet I wasn't afraid nor intimidated.  I was calm enough to study her features. The small freckles across her nose, some that settled on her cheeks. Her luscious pinkish lips that was parted open in anger. Her high cheekbones that gives her face such contour and shape.

She was a sight to behold, a wonder yet to be discovered. And just like the conquistadors, she was mine to explore.

"Let's talk this out." I managed to speak within her grasp, as I slowly lifted my hand to place it softly on her jaw. She hesitated for a second, her eyes now slowly going back to its green shade.

Then she released me, my feet meeting the floor. She took a step back and closed her eyes as she inhaled. She opened her mouth and spoke the words I least expected to hear. "Enough of this, there are more important things to tend to, than dealing with you." She opened her eyes and looked straight at me, as if she had made her decision.

"I, Athena Grace, Alpha of the Silvermoo -" No, I wasn't gonna make her reject me.

I took her face in my hands and sealed my lips on her, preventing her to finish her rejection to me. As our lips met, a surge of warmth flooded through my body and my wolf howled in pleasure, wanting more than just a kiss.

And I know she's feeling the same way too, because she's my mate.

Maybe this little step might go a long way, for her to want me back.

__________________________________________________
Hey guys!
We've reached our 200th reads and its an achievement!!
What do you guys think of this chapter?
What do you guys think of Sebastian's move?
Don't forget to comment down below!
Make sure to add this story to your Library/Reading List to get notified of new chapters!
A vote would be nice as well 😊😊😊
xxxx