chapter I - the blessing

"You dare defy the rules of this pack?" I said quietly, my voice seething with anger. All of the girls heads looked down in submission, avoiding my glare. The room was filled with silence. I stood infront of them, but my eyes were on a girl who was kneeling infront of me with her face to the floor.

"Alpha, I-I..F-forgive me." The blonde hair girl whimpered. This new girl apparently did not understood the rules of this pack. They're free to play with any man they want, as long as it doesn't interfere with their duties, as long as they don't get attached and as long as they do not put the pack in danger.

"You left your post in the middle of the night for the sake of a stupid man.." I walked around her, the click of my heels can be heard by everyone and it echoed in the room.
"..then a rogue fortunately took advantage and got inside the boundaries..." I stopped just right beside her, looking down at this mess of a woman.
"And wounded one of your sisters?" I whispered, my eyes narrowing. A whimper escaped from her throat.

"If I did not immediately respond and snapped their throats including that man you were fucking, our pack would be compromised!" My voice rising and I can see some girls in my periphery squirming on their seats, afraid of what might happen to this girl.

I sighed and went to my seat, facing the whole crowd. "Reyna." I called out. Instantly, my beta stepped in and bowed, placing her hand to her chest. "Alpha."

"See to it that this girl is escorted outside the boundary lines.." The girl's sobs grew louder and she scurried herself to me, walking on her knees and coming towards me. Her hands were clasped together, as she tried to touch my feet.
"Please Alpha, I-I..T-This is my home, my sisters-"

"ENOUGH!" My voice boomed throughout the packhouse. Everyone winced and she froze. Her hands were so close to my feet but she immediately pulled it away.

"She deserves it though" I heard someone whisper from afar.

"You endager the lives of this pack, you care more about your sexual desires than the blood of your sisters." I spatted. She placed her face in her palms, her shoulders moving as she sobbed.

"Reyna, escort her to the boundary lines." I commanded. Reyna and some girls followed her as they let the girl stand. Her face was covered with her blonde locks, damped on her face. The group of girls blocking the entrance was divided into two as they let them pass and leave the packhouse.

I was left with the pack, waiting for me to dismissed them. We were a small pack, just around 53 women, well..52 remaining.

"I suppose everyone learned another lesson?" I asked raising my brows and looking around. They avoided my gaze and looked at the floor.

"Yes, Alpha." They answered in chorus.

"Meeting adjourned, go back to your duties and train harder." I announced. They nodded and the crowd slowly dispersed, leaving me alone in the room.

I massaged my temples and rolled my eyes. "Fucking men." I cursed as I headed back to my office.

The role of men in my life contributed to who I am today. My father rejected my mother, in exchange for greater wealth being offered to him. He exiled her and she became a rogue. She once found another man and joined his pack but was soon a victim of domestic abuse. I guess she was sick of all the things that she went through, she killed him then fleeing away from the pack.

She made her own pack, she was her own Alpha. She never accepted any man. Women who were rogues, who were rejected, abused, mistreated were welcomed by her with open arms.

She named her pack the Silver Moon Pack. The pack grew over the years, and over the years, she failed to notice that a malignant tumor on her breast also grew. It was left undetected until she felt a surging pain. Diagnosed with Stage 3 Cancer of the breast, gone with the chemo and radiation. She bid goodbye 5 years ago, making me the Alpha of the SilverMoon pack.

On her deathbed, she told me the origin of the name of our pack. After she killed the man, she ran to the lake and  prayed to the Moon Goddess under the full moon, and surprisingly, a white mist appeared with a lady in white, walking on the lake. Her reflection illuminating on the surface of the lake.

And this is what the goddess told her:
"Woman, who has gone through much pain, your prayers have been heard, strengthen yourself with the bond of your sisters and not with vicious men, The world is cruel yet I give you this hope. Your daughter shall bear the immunity to what werewolves powers weakens. She will be blessed to heal others who are wounded and in pain. She will have the strength of a thousand men. All these gifts are for the greater good, to protect your pack. Everything has its balance, this is both a gift and curse. You resented the sight of men but yet, if your daughter chooses to love one, all these gifts will be taken away."

And with that, she disappeared from my mother's sight. A sliver of white mist evaporated into the night sky.

Before she took her last breath, she left me with a command.
"Protect the pack and search for the others who were oppressed, they need our help, they need our shelter. And most of all..

Do not fall in love."

__________________________________________________________________________
Hi guys!
This is my first ever Wattpad story and I would really, really appreciate if you'd leave a comment down below
What are your thoughts about this story?
Don't forget to vote and add this to your reading list!
Will be updating 2-3 chapters per week!

Oh and btw, Athena's character is played by Adriana Lima, the gorgeous Victoria Secret model.
(The photo above)
Now who do you think should play as Sebastian?
Stay updated!
xx 😊😊😊