Better Together (8) The calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

I walked up the stairs before knocking on the door of the geust bedroom (mine and Katies old room) I could hear Anna's sniffle through the door before I spoke saying. "Anna it's Y/n can we talk" immidently I got a response "come in". I opened the door before seeing Anna sitting on the bed a tissue in her hand , she wiped a few tears before I took the seat next to her before she spoke saying. "I'm scared I can't do it , like I'm not prepared or I won't be a good mom or-" I cut Anna off saying "Anna I had a baby at sixteen , trust me your prepared , you wnet to colledge , your married to someone you love , you have a good job you are ready for this" she repsonded saying "I've lost most of my friedns and my family: I nodded saying "well An if there treat you like that maybe they weren't your friends to begin with". She sighed before I added "listen I have some friedns who were really there for me through everything and at the end of the month we have dinner together so you and Jeffrey should come" Anna nodded again before saying "how's jackson doing after-" I cut him off saying "he's fine , he's actually already to forgive her" she chuckled befroe I added "so how far along are you" she responded saying "almost three months we wanted to wait" I nodded before she added "It's a boy" I gasped before saying "oh really" she nodded before saying "thank you Y/n" I nodded saying "your welcome Anna".

After talking to Anna and Jeffrey and realized if dad wasn't home I knew there was only one place were dad could be , at work which happend to be the police station. I pulled infront of th staition before walking in , I immidently walked to receotion were Flo was before she spoke saying "hi Y/n sweetheart it's gppd to see you" I responded saying "you too Flo" before I could say anything else she stood up before saying "oh no Jackson today" I nodded since when I saw my dad at work jackson was usually with me and usually got some type of treat from Flo (which was how it was when Jeffrey , Katie and I were younger). I spoke agagin saying "Flo is dad in" she nodded saying "down the hall in his office dear and next time you bring that little one with you" I nodded before wlaking down to his office , I knocked on the door of his office before opening the door to see my father was in some type of meeting. I spoke saying "I'll come back" he shook his head saying "no need Y/n make it quick". I sighed before saying "uh actually dad we should talk in private" he sighed before looking at Callahan and Powell saying "lets take a break this shouldn't be long" they both nodded before Powell walked out with Callahan (who winked at me) followed behind , they closed the door before dad spoke saying "so what happened now Steve get lost in his reflection". Dad chuckled to himself before I rolled my eyes , I sighed saying "dad that's not funny" he shook his head before I added "what did you say to steve outside yesterday". Dad shook his head again before I asked "so when Jackson was in tears telling me that you told his father that he wasn't a part of our family and that the only reason he was their was because Jackson was his father he was lying to me" dad sighed saying "okay so I might have said that" I huffed before the door of his offic opened to reveal Hopper on the other side , dad spoke saying "can I help you Jim" he responded saying "oh well I thought I heard Y/n so I assumed Jackson was-" I cut him off saying. "I'm sorry Jim it's just me but I'll bring him by soon" he nodded before saying "hey Y/n can you watch El next weekend it's Joyce and I's annivery" I nodded before saying goodbye to Jim , dad spoke saying "Y/n I know I was harsh but come on that kid has everything handed to him on a gold spoon and somethimes the boy needs to be reminded what leveak he's on with me" I rolled my eyes before he added. "Now you young need to apolaige to your brother and your mom" I shook my head saying "I have already apolagized to Jeffrey and  I won't appolagize until she does to both Steve and Jackson" dad rolled his eyes before I spoke again "and dad" I said before adding. "I want you and mom to know that Steve and I and our son will be spending christmas with his family" he shook his head before I got uo and walked out of his office.

Steve's P.O.V

I had just finished placing the last item in the closet before closing it  when I heard the front door open and shut. I walked out of the geust bedroom before seeing Y/n kick her shoes off temperly , I could just tell by looking at her that she was upset , I could also see she didn' t have the supposeded garbage bags she went out for in the first place. I went to ask what was the matter but befroe I could she wrapped her arms around me pulling me forcefullt in a hug , she spoke saying. "I love you so so much so srew them" I responded saying "screw who" Y/n pulled away from her hug before asking "yesterday did my dad tell you you'll never be apart of our family". I sighed before nodding , Y/n responded saying "Steve if they don't want you in their family then I don't want to be apart of their family , and I'm sorry that he said that , I'm sorry you had to go their and if you would like we can have christmas woth your family". I nodded before she pecked my lips , I spoke saying "I don't want you to be sorry okay , it's my fault I-" she cut me off saying "Steve it's not your fault okay youv'e come along way and my dad just for some reason doesn't see it" I nodded before pecking her lips only for her to pull away saying "did you have a grilled cheese" I chuckled and nodded before she added "could you make me one" again I nodded before walking into the kitchen.