Better Together (8) The calm before the storm

Steve's P.O.V

Thanksgiving was over , the day which seemed to never ended finally did and it felt like a blur. One minute Y/n was arguing with her parents and the next we were with my parents , I had yet to talk to Y/n about yesterday. After tucking Jackson into bed Y/n went to bed saying she was tired from the day we had , I of course knew that meant she was upset but I also knew it meant she wanted her space so I currled up on the couch with Buster and finished watching the football game that was on. Before walking back to bed with Buster in tow and settling in the cover with Y/n who was fast asleep curled up to her tear stained pillow. I fluttered my eyes open before seeing Buster's drolling sloberly face right in mine , I sighed before I walked down the hallway before opending the door to the guest bedroom , she was standin in the center of the room. I spoke saying "good morning baby" she turned with a puzzeled expression on her face before saying "this isn't storage this looks like a geust bedroom" I shook my head before walking over to the desk and opening the drawer to reveal it was filled to the top. I had comic books , old movies I haven't ever returned to the video store , yearbooks , photo albums. I had a secret , nothing hudge but I keet everything and I mean everything , old letters and notes from Y/n , kept those. Movie ticket stubs , kept those , old essay from high school (and middle school) , kept those too. I sighed before walking over to the closet of the room and opening it , Y/n's jaw feel as she saw I didn't only hoard personal afects but chlothes such as my risky buisnness haalloween costume , my scoops unform , and of course almost everysingle chlothing item Iv'e owned since middle school. Y/n finally spoke saying "there's nothing else right" I sighed before saying "I wouldn't look under the bed if I were you" she frowned before I added "Y/n baby I'm not crazy it's just I need all of this stuff okay" she nodded saying "well you don't have to get rid of anything but can I at least try to help your organize some of it" I noddeld silently before pecking her cheeks.

It was half an hour into cleaning (well organizing) when Y/n pulled out a box labled Nance I imidenly felt my  throut go dry , I spoke saying "do you want me get  rid of-". Y/n inturupted saying "yes please" I nodded before taking the box out of her hands to dispose it , after the Nancy box was gone and the room was mostly cleaned up when a very sleepy Jackson walked in and practilly sunk in Y/n's arms before she spoke "good morning sweet pea did you sleep good" Jackson silently nodded while snuggleing into his blanket before Y/n added "do you want so breakfast" Jackson nodded silently again before Y/n scooped him in her arms before walking out of the room.

Y/n's P.O.V

I placed Jackson onto the counter before he spoke saying "mama" I nodded before he added "can we go see Nana and Pop Pop today". I sighed before saying "Jackson I-" he immidently inturupted saying "I'm not sad anymore I promise" I shook my head saying "baby I know but you have to understand that this is between mommy and nana". Jackson quikcly responded saying "is it because of what Pop Pop said to daddy" I furrowed my brows before saying "what did Pop Pop say to daddy". Jackson immidenly went quiet before I added "Jackson Micheal what did he say" Jackson frowned before saying "Pop Pop told daddy he'd never be in our family and that daddy's only here because-" Jackson himslef off by beggining to cry. I pulled him into my arms as he continued , I didn't know how that sentence ended but I knew it wasn't good , I also knew dad would be getting an ear full from me.

After Jackson tears were wiped and breakfast was had I knew I needed to talk to my dad , I made up some random excuse about needing to buy garbage bags (which we litterly bought four day ago) and mad my way to my parents. Should I be doing this , should I go to Steve before my dad to make sure this was a hundrend percent true , no I knew Jackson and I knew with my whole heart he wasn't lying. Jackson was always honest (unlike Steve who liked to bend the truth somethimes) once when Jackson was three he spilt a cup of apple juice he immidently treid cleaning it up (with one of my sweaters) and when I enterd my room to see a stain on my white comfator and Jackson at three years old apolagized right away but then again it was really my fault for being a stupid twenty year old leaving him alone for two minutes to put a load of laundry in. I pulled into my parents driveway before exiting the car and walking up to the front door , after knocking on the door a moment or so later the door opened reveling my brother he spoke saying "hey". I could tell by the look on his face he seemed upset , I spoke saying "is dad home" he shook his head before he added "can we talk" I nodded before walking in the house. I sat down on the couch before Jefrrey took the seat next to me , Jeffrey finally spoke saying "we told Mr and Mrs. Jacobi yesterday" I nodded saying "oh that's great how did that go" he shook his head saying "their not happy" my jaw feel before he added "Anna's sister  Jenna is pregnant and her parents think thats the only reason we are" my jaw feel before he continued "so when I told you and you had no response I was afraid that somehow I upset you , and you were drinking so your obvisouly not pregnant but  I'm terrified" I responded saying "no I'm really happy for you and that was not okay for me to act like that Iv'e just had some stuff going on recently but that's no way to treat you , there's no excuse for what I said or didn't say". Jeffrey responded "but what if I'm not good enough , like dad was amzing but I don't know if I'll be like that" I sighed saying "Jeffrey you'll be amazing , your were great with Jackson and-" he cut me off saying. "Y/n I gotta be honest with you , with Jackson either I was mimicing dad or winging it" I sighed again as he added "dad was awsome with us growing up , Matt's great with Emma , Steve at somepoint figured out what he was doing but I don't know about me". I responded sayinfg "well what about Anna is she okay" Jeffrey shrugged saying "she'd upstairs dosen't wanna talk about it" I got up from my spot before saying "I'll be right back".