(7) Jealous ?

Y/n's P.o.v
I was fiddling with the watch I wore to work while in was waiting for matt to arrive for lunch , he had called me when he had gotten back from his trip since he traveled a lot for work. Matt was one of my closet friends since forever , both are families were good friends it also helped that we lived on the same street. Everyone loved Matt , well everyone but Steve they were actually almost friends before Steve had his fall from grace in Junior year. My attention was moved when I felt someone tap my shoulder , I turned to see nothing but the empty both behind me when I turned again Matt was sitting across from me. I jumped in my seat a little , he chuckled saying "when did you get so jumpy" I sighed saying "I'm not jumpy". He chuckled again saying "so that was a happy squeal" I shook my head saying "I didn't squeal" he nodded as the waitress came by to take our order.

A few minutes of eating breakfast Matt spoke up saying "where's Jackson" I sighed saying "he's with Steve" Matt nodded saying "haven't seen him in a while how's he doing". I sighed again saying "he's good , he um met someone" Matt frowned saying "you hate her don't you" I scoffed saying "I don't hate her , she's just-" he cut me off saying "Awful". I silently nodded as he asked "why don't you tell him" I shook my head saying "why would he listen to me" he shrugged saying "how's Jackson". I smiled at the mention of his name saying "he's good , he um in school now it's only four days but he likes it". He nodded saying "are you sure your okay with the whole Steve thing" I nodded saying "yeah I'm fine , except" he then said "except what" is sighed saying "there's a small wrinkle" he furrowed his brows saying "a wrinkle" I nodded saying "I may or may not have written a very long in depth paper on my feelings for Steve" , I then muttered the next part which was "that we should give us another chance". Matt's jaw dropped saying "Y/n" I shook my head saying "it was before he met her , a few hours but it was before I knew he met her" , I then added "besides it gone". He nodded saying "you got ride of it" I shook my head saying "not exactly , I kinda lost it" his jaw dropped again saying "where" I responded saying "it's a long story" he nodded saying "well I'm all ears".

After telling Matt the events of the past few day's , he had finally taken it in saying "wow" I nodded as he added "so who's the culprit". I shrugged saying "me , Matt I'm the idiot who lost it" he shook his head saying " I don't know it sounds a little odd" I sighed saying "I told you I asked him , and he-" he cut me off saying "has Steve ever lied to you" I nodded saying "yeah but not over stupid stuff" Matt shook his head saying "maybe it wasn't stupid to him". I sighed saying "I doubt it , he's gone back to his old ways" he nodded saying "well people change and if anyone has proved that it's Steve". He then added "do you wanna go see a movie" I shook my head saying "I can't I have to get Jackson" he shook his head saying "leave him with Steve , you had an extra night son should he". I nodded saying "you know what , your right" he nodded saying "great I'll pick you up at eight" I nodded again before continuing my lunch.

After parting ways with Matt , I went home to call Steve to let him know that Jackson would be spending another night. As I began to walk up to my apartment I started to hear sounds coming from my apartment , I began to panic I knew I locked my front door , right ? I quicky ran up to the door. I turned the knob to see my front door was already unlocked , I opened the door to see there was an unexpected guest lying on my couch , it was Steve. I sighed taking my coat off before walking over and taking the remote out of Steve's hand , "what the hell Jackson-" he then cut himself off seeing it was me saying "oh hi". I sighed saying "oh hi , my front door was unlocked I thought I was being robbed" he chuckled as I added "besides how'd you get in". He sighed saying "Robin had a key , I'm simply borrowing it" I nodded saying "good while your here , I gotta tell you he's staying with you tonight". Steve shook his head saying "he can't he's got school tomorrow" I nodded saying "you've taken him before , do you have work or something". He sighed saying "about that , what if I didn't have one anymore" I then realized what he meant I sighed saying "you lost your job" he nodded as I added "oh Steve I'm so sorry". He nodded saying "ah , I probably deserved it" I shook my head saying "no you don't and if you want I'll have him tonight". He sighed saying "it's fine , do you have work tonight" I shook my head saying "no I'm going out with Matt" , Steve almost chocked on air saying "oh , how long have you two been going out". I shook my head saying "no , were just friends" before he could respond Jackson entered the room jumping on my lap saying "I missed you mama" I nodded saying "I missed you too". He then asked "am I staying here tonight" I shook my head saying " no , your stay with daddy is that okay" Jackson sighed saying "I guess". Before I could say anything else I heard the most squeaky and annoying voice in the world say "when what's her name comes back were going-" she then noticed my presence saying "oh Y/n , I didn't-" she then said "never mind that , Steven let's go". Steven did she really just call him that , the only time I had ever heard Steve's full name was when in the second grade he poured yellow paint in my shoes or when he told his parents I was pregnant , even I wasn't allowed to call him that. Steve nodded before saying to Jackson "get your shoes" he nodded before putting his shoes and coat on , he then stood up giving me a hug saying "I'll miss you mama" , I nodded saying "I'll miss you too , be good okay" he nodded before the three of them left . I then began to think of how shocked and almost upset Steve was about me hanging out with my Matt , we were only friends so why would he be bothered by that was Steve jealous.

The following afternoon

It was Monday afternoon and I was standing in front of Steve's apartment , I had debating coming early since I knew Steve had probably left to go get Jackson. Meaning I would be stuck making conversation with Alison , I knocked on the door only to have no reply but a faint voice say "come in". I sighed before opening the front door to find Steve sitting on the couch and Jackosn was nowhere to be seen which only meant one thing.......