(10) A final chance

I had just gotten of the phone with Carly , who was now not coming I began to panic before hearing a voice say "is miss Carly here". I turned to see Jackson , I then shook my head saying "no , she's not coming" he then asked "who's gonna watch me". I shrugged saying "I'm not sure yet" he then added "can daddy come watch me" I shook my head as he asked "why not". I responded saying "because , I'm not very happy with daddy right now". He sighed saying "why" I shook my head again saying "we are not talking about this , go play" Jackson then said "but I'm not mad at daddy" I huffed saying "well I am". He then frowned saying "but-" i interrupted him saying "no buts Jackson , go play". He huffed before walking out of the kitchen as I began to think of someone who would be available and someone who wasn't Steve.

A few minutes of thinking , I had finally decided on Mrs. Harrington since I knew she didn't work and that she'd probably be available since I knew sometimes Mr. Harrington worked late. I didn't judge her for not having a job I almost envied her , I would've loved to stay home with Jackson but I loved my job. My thoughts were disturbed by hearing a voice say "Hello" it was Mrs. Harrington , I responded saying "hi Mrs. Harrington it's Y/n". She gasped before saying "oh Y/n sweetheart , how are you" I sighed saying. "Um , not good , I um just lost my sitter and was wondering of you could watch Jackson , since I gotta work". She responded saying "oh of course , he should I mean I should be there in ten minutes". I sighed againg this time in relief saying "thank you so much Mrs. Harrington , that would be amazing-" I was then cut off by the other line going silent meaning she had hung up on me , li shrugged it off thinking maybe she was rushing over here.

It was ten minutes exactly when there were a set of knocks at my door. I began to walk over before calling for Jackson "Jackson , Gigi's here" I then opened the door not to see Mrs. Harrington but the one person I didn't want to see Steve.

I huffed saying "your not your mother". He responded saying "something came up , I happened to be closer" I huffed saying "you are so lucky I'm running late for work or I'd-". He cut me off saying "and when you get back I will explain everything that happend , please" I sighed saying "I'm not in a terrible mood , so sure you can explain yourself when I get back". He nodded as I added "and it better be one good story" he nodded again before Jackson saying "daddy your here" he then jumped into Steve's arms saying "I missed you daddy". Steve nodded saying " I missed you too , and daddy is really sorry". Jackson then mumbled into Steve's shoulder "that's okay daddy" I grabbed my coat before kissing Jackson cheek , before I looked at Steve saying "seven thirty bedtime for him , I should be home after one" Steve nodded before I walked out the door.

I returned to my apartment shortly after one , after I put my keys into the bowl placed on the table by the door I walked into the kitchen to see it had been cleaned. The floors almost sparkled but what caught my attention most was the flowers once in my trashcan were now placed in a vase with a note in front of them different from the one from yesterday , it read.

Thought they'd look nicer here , dinners in the fridge
Love , Steve

My heart began to beet at those words , I then felt a lump rise in my throat. Why did he write that and why did he leave it instead of getting another piece of paper , maybe it was an accident , it definitely was there was no way Steve still felt that way right? I brushed that aside as I entered the living room to see a peacefully asleep Steve on my couch , I began to walk over silently not wanting to wake him but I knew I'd have to since I had a feeling that Alison wouldn't like him coming home this late. I rubbed his arm before whispering "Steve , it's Y/n you can go now" he began to stir before sitting up saying "can we talk" I sighed saying "could we not , I've had a really long day and I'd like to head to bed". He then asked "tomorrow who's watching him" I shrugged saying "I don't know-" he then interrupted saying "I'll do it , I'll watch him and you don't have to worry about paying someone". I then asked "I thought you were gonna look for a job" he shook his head saying "I was , but being here tonight mad me realize that I need to be here for him , and you Y/n , you need a sitter well here I am". I sighed saying "I got a promotion at work so I have more hours but this is your last chance , but this is your last chance" he nodded saying. "I got it and I promise I won't screw this up , but can I explain myself now" I nodded before peeling my shoes off as he continued with "do you remember how we broke up". I nodded as he added "and do you remember whose decision it was" I nodded remembering that day before saying "mine , but only because you made me choose" I then continued saying "you wanted to ignore our problems and I-" he cut me off saying. "Whatever Y/n , I lied to Alison okay for my own selfish reason I told her that it was who broke up with you , and know I realize that it didn't matter. What matters is him" I nodded as he added "and now that you know maybe you could apologize to Alison and maybe try to be her friend" I nodded saying "fine" I then asked , not even thinking "do you love her ". He quickly nodded saying "I do , I've never been happier" he then added "she really tries Y/n , you might not think that but she does okay , she really like her family there not like are parents. There tough on her , they judge her" I nodded before he continued saying "she could really use a friend like you or Robin" I responded saying "when you go home could you tell her I'm sorry" he nodded saying "yeah I will". As he began to walk toward the door I added "I'm sorry about the flowers , I was mad yesterday but they were beautiful" he nodded saying "it's okay Y/n , but were okay now right" I silently nodded as Steve added "I seriously mean it I will never do anything like that again" I nodded again as he walked ou of my apartment hoping it was true and that would never happen again too bad it would.

Better as Friends ? (Steve Harrington x ex girlfriend reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें